August "Dine-n-Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just FYI.

Temps at 58' at Loch-Low-Minn yesterday were58 degrees F.

the K

This spot is one of my favorites. Most all of my logged dives were done here.

The Kraken:
KPR,

The "Dine-n-Dive" date is August 12th up at Loch-Low-Minn.

So it is written. So shall it be done . . . . . The Kraken

the K

Metallica?

I'll try to make it up that way. I want to check it out.

So what kind of exposure suit are most of you guys gonna be sportin?

I'll be trying out my 3/2 mm with a 3m hooded vest.

You may get a bit chilled if you do any repetitive dives to depth with extensive bottom time.

Do a multi-level and keep most of the dive above the thermo and you should be just fine. Depends upon your cold tolerance.

the K

DawgDiver:
So what kind of exposure suit are most of you guys gonna be sportin?

I'll be trying out my 3/2 mm with a 3m hooded vest.

I'll either be bringing my semi-dry or my drysuit. Probably my Drysuit. I've pretty much regulated my drysuit to any dive that I cannot do in a 3mil and repetitive dives.

Jeremy

The Kraken:
You may get a bit chilled if you do any repetitive dives to depth with extensive bottom time.

Do a multi-level and keep most of the dive above the thermo and you should be just fine. Depends upon your cold tolerance.

the K

I don't get cold very easily... but I haven't been diving in cold water like that, so we'll see.

DawgDiver:
I don't get cold very easily... but I haven't been diving in cold water like that, so we'll see.

All of us Looney Birds used to come out of Lanier with a blueish tint after our temp gauge read 42F. But we are the Looney Birds and persevered and dove wet.
If it gets too cold there you can always stay above the thermocline.
Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom