August "Dine-n-Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Yeah, ya just want to meet up here at the house?
Leave here around 0800???

the K
Sounds good K, looking forward to it.

KEWL ! ! ! Yellow Angel Fish and I have the other cabin.

We'll be bringing a grill.

Looks like about 10 divers so far.

Relayed that info to Stacy's daughter yesterday, but told her I'd get back with her in the early part of the week to give her a better head count.

The list looks like this so far: Any deletions or additions???

Kyle and Heather (Overnight)
William F & Buddy
Divinginn
Lonefrogman (Overnight)
Captndan
Linda & me (Overnight)

the K

I will be staying overnight Sat. and leaving early Sunday morning. I will not be diving Sunday.

Trip Report:

Heather and I met up with The Kraken and Yellow Angle Fish saturday morning at the Waffle House on Hwy 92 in woodstock at 8:30 am. We had a good old fashion WH breakfast and then went on our way to Lochlow-Minn. Before we reached the dive site we had to stop at the Mayfield dairy plant for some delicious ice cream, I recomend stopping their anytime you go to lochlow-minn.

We finally reached LLM at 12:00 and got settled in, the 4 of us rented the 2 "cabins" they had there so we could stay the night in the AC and wake up refreshed for more diving on sunday. After we unloaded our stuff we finally met up with the lone frogman, and octotat. It was a pleasure meeting them as well as diving with them, I will be more than happy to go diving with you guys again anytime. We finally got in the water around 1:30 and I must say I was very pleased. The viz was great, a good 40-50', and lots of playfull fish to mess around with. The temp of the water wasn't that bad, but it got cold below the thermocline. The surface temp was around 80 deg., and the first thermocine was at 30' where the temp droped down to 72 deg. There was another thermocline at 50', which the temp went down to a chilly 66 deg. Well when your diving a 3mm that can get a little chilly.

We did a night dive on saturday, and it was awsome. This was Heathers and Yellow Angle Fishes first night dive, I must say they did great. The bass came out of the woodwork that night, and were very playfull. There were even a few that let me touch them without darting off like little underwater rockets, which the majority of the others did. Im sorry that octotat left before the night dive, im sure that he would have enjoyed it as much as we did.

On sunday, it was just TK, YAF, Heather, and myself. We got up around 9:00 and started getting ready for some more diving. We did 2 dives, and conditions were basically the same as saturday, except the first dive on sunday seemed to have great viz, probably due to the quarry sitting over night. Heather and I left at around 3:30 and TK and YAF were still going to make another dive.

I want to say thanks to TK,YAF,Lone frogman,octotat, and of course the staff at Lochlow-minn for a great weekend. Heather and I had a blast. I will be more than happy to go back up to Lochlow-minn and dive again, the staff there is great, espically since they pick up and drop off your tanks when you need a fill. What better service could you ask for?

Kyle

It was NICE !!!

We missed you guys who were gonna make it but didn't.

Have two slots open for the September off-shore dive at P/C.

the K

Would love to go on that one, also. However, there is a significant other's birthday that weekend. Would be difficult to explain how that trip could be her birthday present. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom