Average Depth Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Albion:
BTW who are these people who save multiple hours of decompression, by that i assume you mean in a chamber? If they are suign a table, computer or wjhatever that they 'pad' to avoid a chambe rride shouldnt thery be reporting these findings to whoever is reponsible so that the tbales are changed to include the padding?:shakehead
The WKPP, and they do report these findings. It's not some big secret.

Apparently these methods also find their way into GUE classes.

Albion:
Well a lot of people have gone over the how tables were created so i wont drag it up again. Personal experimentation is all well and good, but publishing it on a recreational dive forum seesm irresponsible and i still think the lady in question should find a better way to dive and go see a doctor.

BTW who are these people who save multiple hours of decompression, by that i assume you mean in a chamber? If they are suign a table, computer or wjhatever that they 'pad' to avoid a chambe rride shouldnt thery be reporting these findings to whoever is reponsible so that the tbales are changed to include the padding?:shakehead

First, I dont get where you think I am trying to "push" anything on anybody.

For what it's worth, I think for the vast majority of divers, using a conservative computer along with 32% nitrox, staying shallower than 100 feet and adding some deep stops at 1/2 and maybe 1/4 depth is probably the safest way to go by far.

I just get irked when people come along saying a computer or square profile on tables is the only way.

The WKPP are saving multiple hours of deco and not in a chamber. They are doing this consistently and repeatedly. As are the EKPP and probably other exploration teams using GUE/DIR techniques.

if some people aren't willing to experiment and push the numbers, then no advances would really get made. A bunch of numbers dont mean very much unless people are actually using them to dive.

The lady in question is quite happy diving the way she does, and I don't think a doctor is going to be able to fix the fact that scar tissue is more likely to get "bent" than normal tissue.

Look here:
http://www.divetekadventures.com/Pictures/decoCurves_MAX_DECO.gif
http://www.divetekadventures.com/Technical_DecompressionCurves.htm

for some examples of time saved in deco.

and here:
http://www.gue.com/Research/Exercise/index.html

for some articles on experimentation in decompression.

limeyx:
And you still didn't apologize for calling me an idiot.
I said only an idiot would believe that was the way to go it (about planning and executing dives) If you belive that adding a few minutes padding to avoid her getting skin bends then yes your an idiot and i dont see the need to apologise. :mooner:

Albion:
I said only an idiot would believe that was the way to go it (about planning and executing dives) If you belive that adding a few minutes padding to avoid her getting skin bends then yes your an idiot and i dont see the need to apologise. :mooner:
Then how would you do it?

JeffG:
Then how would you do it?
Im not a doctor so im not going to make any recomendation.

BTw this started as average depth not ratio deco so i dont see the relevance of Long Deep cave dives to "average depth" someone care to explain, i havent taken the neccesary trianing so im pretty blur.

also could someone explain if you are doing 5 dives a day how does the average depth method track the loading, or do you just assume a certian SI and then you will be reset?

Albion:
Im not a doctor so im not going to make any recomendation.
I understand, but to me if I had had a tendency to have skin bends and still wanted to continue that type of diving and if doing longer stops fixed the problem, doesn't seem way out in left field to me.

Albion:
BTw this started as average depth not ratio deco so i dont see the relevance of Long Deep cave dives to "average depth" someone care to explain, i havent taken the neccesary trianing so im pretty blur.
The thread tended to jump from non-deco dives to deco dives a few times. Probably added to the confusion.

Albion:
also could someone explain if you are doing 5 dives a day how does the average depth method track the loading, or do you just assume a certian SI and then you will be reset?
Truthfully...closer to the second point (assume a certain SI and then you will be reset) but with some CYA added in (add some extra time shallow) and the more aggressive you get with the number of dives...the less aggressive you get with the dives.

There is no "letter" that you can assign to your dive...just like you couldn't assign a PADI letter to a multi-level computer dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom