Awsome wreck diving in Narvik, Norway

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dykkepedia.no lists more than a dozen wrecks near Narvik, from 10m to more than 100m depth.

Kategori:Vrak - Dykkepedia

Thank you Johanan! As Storker say, there is a dozen wrecks near Narvik from 10 to 100m. The wrecks in my video is at depths from 20 to 55 at the bottom. Narvik has something to offer to all levels of experience.

Narvik has something to offer to all levels of experience.
Even if I'm not a wreck diving type of guy, I've considered a trip up there. So I've got a couple of questions:
  1. Is there a dive shop there where it's possible to rent tanks/weights and get fills, or would one have to bring everything and either bring a compressor too, or woo someone in the local dive club for fills?
  2. Are any of the wrecks accessible from shore, or do you need a boat for all of them?

I also prefer marine life before wrecks but Narviks wrecks is definitely worth a visit.
We had our own gear and compressor but I think Kaj at divenarvik.com has tanks to rent.
If you are many who goes it's possible to rent his boat that carries up to 14 divers and got everything you need in it.
For it to be costworthy you probably need to be around 10 + persons.
Narvik sportdykkerklubb has a boat and they are often out diving and you can fill cylinders at both places.

In my opinion only one wreck is accessible from shore and that is Herman Kunne, tho you need to rent a key for the gate at the road. So eighter you go a whole group with Kaj or you go out with the diveclub and maybe make one or two dives at herman kunne from the shore. But now I remember that it's also a wreck in a lake nearby, the Junker 52 thats also i available from shore - a shallow dive, around 8 meters, but the plane is in very good condition and worth a visit.

/ Mattias

Narvik is a Eldorado when it comes to wreck diving with it's many WW2 wrecks.

Hope you enjoy the video

I'm jealous - looks like an intriguing wreck to dive and im very impressed with your editing and story assembly. i encourage to to do more filming

I had never heard of this battle before now.
Never too late :) Did you learn that Narvik was the first major allied infantry victory in the Second World War?

The life and death of General Carl Gustav Fleischer who was the commanding officer of the Norwegian forces during the battles of Narvik is also pretty fascinating. The Norwegian government in exile was rather reluctant to allow attacks on occupied territory during the first part of the war, and Gen. Fleischer was a headstrong proponent for such raids and attacks. Fleischer totally lacked the diplomatic qualities of Prof. Leif Tronstad (the brain behind the Gunnerside operation against the heavy water production facilities in Vemork), fueled a lot of antagonism and was effectively demoted to a position as commander of the Norwegian forces in Canada and later to Military Attaché to Washington D.C. He took his life in December 1942 and never received our highest decoration for gallantry in war, the War Cross with sword, which was awarded to him only the day before his suicide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom