Baby Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently doubled up a pair of AL 63s for spearfishing, modern dual regulator manifold and to be used with a modern BP/W. Spearfishing is largely a solo diving venture and going deep, and mostly alone on a single AL 80 with a single regulator was giving me the creeps. So now I will have 126 cu ft and dual regulators. Havent gotten it wet yet.

Doesn't get much better. Set of Catalina Twin 45s with harness. Reg is at its optimum position with 90 cu ft of gas in perfectly balanced and comfortable cylinders.
doubles.jpg

Allan,
Where did you get your bands? I have the same manifold as you but my tanks are mounted on a modified Healthways plastic CamPac. It works but is not ideal. A setup like yours, made for 7.25 inch diameter tanks on 8.25 inch centers, would be nice.

William

Tech I paired my 63's for spearfishing this summer and it worked great, of course it is on a barrel manifole like paladin , and simon above.

Paladin I have my 50"s on a back pack with only one band, the manifold serves for the stable at the top, it leaked so I took it off, It does work well, problem is the barrel has wider center, and genesis manifold will not go close enough, so i am forced to make original work again. This is my set from a child and now I will be going back as I get older.

Great set up guy's just love little dubbs with plenty of air.

Allan,
Where did you get your bands? I have the same manifold as you but my tanks are mounted on a modified Healthways plastic CamPac. It works but is not ideal. A setup like yours, made for 7.25 inch diameter tanks on 8.25 inch centers, would be nice.

William

Those are Peanut King bands. You can get them most easily on his eBay listing. HOWEVER, I just happen to have a set taken off ScubaPro 50s, made for 6.9" tanks. Available as well as the "dorky" (IMHO) backpack that came with them.

spbands.jpg

spbandsbackpack.jpg

Allan

Those are Peanut King bands. You can get them most easily on his eBay listing. HOWEVER, I just happen to have a set taken off ScubaPro 50s, made for 6.9" tanks. Available as well as the "dorky" (IMHO) backpack that came with them.

spbands.jpg

spbandsbackpack.jpg

Allan

I have a set of the Peanut King bands on my 72s. My 53s are 7.25 inches in diameter, so I don't think the PK bands would fit. For the baby doubles, I'm using the CamPac (one of those "dorky" packs, as you put it) that I used when I first put the 72s together as doubles.

spbands.jpg

spbandsbackpack.jpg

Allan

I have that same ScubaPro set of bands and "dorky" backpack. I have them on a set of US Divers Aluminum 72s (2475 psi) to which I have added a Dive Rite Voyager EXP wing with 35 Lbs. lift. Looking forward to using this rig with my round label DAAM with Phoenix valve, kind of early 1970's vintage, one of my favorite eras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom