Question Bali for a few days with non-diver wife; early March to see mantas? Marriott locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are flying to Taiwan in early/2024, back to Toronto in mid-March. We'd like to go to Bali for 5-7 days and stay at Marriott hotel(s). I hope to get dive and see mantas. I understand Manta Point at Nusa Penida is the place to go.

I heard Jan-Feb are rainy and viz may not be good. Is March 3-8 a better time?

My wife is non-diver, and may snorkel if there's a guide with her. Is Sanur Bay Marina the place to take boats to Nusa Penida for diving/snorkeling?

We'd like to stay in a Marriott hotel (have status, get breakfast/upgrades). Even though distance seems to be similar for hotels in Kuta, I heard the traffic is bad. Would staying in one of these hotels be ok distancewise:
Sthala Hotel, Ubud (Jalan A.A Gede Rai, Mawang Kelod, Lodtunduh, Ubud)
Westin Ubud (Jalan Lod Tunduh, Br. Kengetan, Desa Singakerta Ubud)
Element Ubud (Jl. Raya Andong No. 88, Desa Petulu, Ubud - Gianyar Ubud)

or maybe stay at any hotels, go for an overnight trip to Nusa Penida. After the diving/snorkeling, then back to Bali for any other hotels not needing to be close to Sanur?

Thanks.

I understand Manta Point can have lots of boats/divers, and Crystal Bay with currents. May not be good diving conditions, and definitely not for my wife to try snorkeling there.

We have to rethink our trip. Maybe no diving/snorkeling, just enjoy Bali and sightseeing.

Back
Top Bottom