Beach dive, Friday, November 10

Discussion in 'Florida Diving' started by DebbyDiver, Nov 5, 2006.

1. DebbyDiver

DebbyDiver Crazy for Kayak Diving! ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives:
    I'm an optimist. These winds simply can't go on forever!!

So, who else has the day off from work on Friday and would like to make a morning beach dive or two? I'm flexible as to location as long as the parking isn't a hassle.

Come to think of it, Thursday night is also a strong possibility!!!

2. FastAttack

FastAttack Single Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    gah debby I would go.. but I got a boat dive that morning :(

3. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Enrique why are you :( when you have a boat dive? :)

Let's all just hope these winds die down!!! My butt got handed to me on a platter yesterday while attempting to ride my bike club's Century. I fully intended to do 100 miles, but instead I only did 100 kilometers (62-1/2 miles). It was a killer. I'm learning that most folks made the same decision I made.

Wind wind go away!!!

4. Sperbonzo

Sperbonzo Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Hey Debby,

I might be up for a dive on Friday, I'll have to see how things look as the week goes on, but I wouldn't turn down a chance to go blow bubbles. :)

5. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Michael, I hope you can join me!! Will Vino be certified by then? It would be great to have her swim along!

6. Orlando Eric

Orlando Eric Scuba Instructor

Debby- I'd start waxing my surfboard if'in I were you! Or you can do what I do, a dive reel works pretty good for flying a kite on the beach. It is pretty tought to reel in if the winds are in the 20mph range though and a nice heavy Penn reel works good then, since it has the gear ratio working for you.

I need to learn to surf.. then I would be like.. "Yippeee 12' waves and 25 MPH out of the east... **DUDE**

maybe KiteBoarding... although I'd probably slip a disk... luckily I am not at the Break a Hip age yet..

7. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Eric, I'm very aware of the current wind conditions, I rode my bicycle club's century in it yesterday. My butt got kicked so bad that I had to bail out of the 100-mile Century and I only completed the 100-kilometer Century (62.5 miles).

However, they are predicting for it to lay down by Friday and if it does, I'm diving, with or without you!! I'm hoping the winds got the lobsters all agitated and that they will be wandering around going "what the heck???"

8. Sperbonzo

Sperbonzo Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Actually, it looks like it would be better on Thursday at this point.

Tuesday Night
    Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
    Wednesday
    South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
    Wednesday Night
    Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers.
    Thursday
    Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.
    Thursday Night
    Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers.
    Friday
    Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

9. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    When the winds are out of the west, it is usually flat calm at the beach. Let's keep our fingers and fins crossed!!

10. Scubaguy62

Scubaguy62 Son of Yemaya

# of Dives:
    Yep, west winds, or anything with west in it = flat seas (for the most part).

Debbie, I just realized I'm off on Friday. If you don't pick an extremely southern location (like Hollywood), I might just join in. How 'bout Vista Park? I'm not bringing my scooter, so if Debby is the only diver....hmmmmmm I dunno.

11. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Rick, I live right off Hollywood beach but haven't picked a location yet. I'll see how many people reply before picking a location. There is always the "free parking beach" just north of Sunrise on A-1-A! :) That is not that far south of Vista Park.

What does not bringing your scooter have to do with only having one dive buddy? :confused:

- Debby with a Y :11:

12. Scubaguy62

Scubaguy62 Son of Yemaya

# of Dives:
    that was meant as a joke ;) At any rate, I have to retract my statement; was looking at my firm's wrong holiday calendar. I'm working this Friday

13. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Oh! :) Sorry to have to miss you on Friday. I work for the County, and I'm off for Veteran's Day.

14. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    The weather and sea outlook for Friday is looking pretty darned spectactular! Am I the only beach diver here who has Friday off? I can always go ride my bike that day but it's getting pretty close to the end of dive season for wimpy gets-too-cold me and I'd love to get wet!!

15. vr24

vr24 Barracuda

I like the North Lauderdale dive (free-parking), if you go at the extreme end there are tons of elkhorn coral formations, pretty cool.

16. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Ryan, are you available for that? And do you mean the extreme end of the free parking that is just North of Sunrise?

17. Tom Winters

Tom Winters Scuba Instructor

Boynton Inlet is flat right now. When that's calm, it's nice everywhere. When it's lousy, it can still be nice everywhere else.
    You should have a great shore dive.

18. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Am I assuming correctly that I have no takers? Please let me know by Thursday noon if you want to dive Friday morning; I have an opportunity for a group bike ride Friday morning and need to let them know.

19. DebbyDiver

# of Dives:
    Because I didn't think anyone was joining me to dive on Friday, I went ahead and RSVP'd for the bike ride. If anyone really wants to beach dive, please join us on Saturday morning!

20. vr24

vr24 Barracuda

Sorry deb, weather is so good, we are taking the boat out friday!!! :)

And yeah, I'm talking the extreme end of the free parking where A1A turns off from the beach, very neat elkorn forests there that I like to freedive, tons of little fish and stuff hiding in it, if you haven't seen it, you should check it out.