Beaches Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When are you leaving???

Caymaniac

Just got back from Turks and Caicos. Excellent diving!!
Here are a few pics

Great pics. I think I saw that stingray. And where is your trip report? Dog ate it? Come on man lets see what it was like! We want narrative with those awesome pics.

I went diving with Caicos Adventures (Fifi) for three days as well as a night dive. I also went diving on 2 one tank day dives and a night dive with the Beaches resort. Diving with Fifi was incredible. Two days we went out to West Caicos and 1 day we went to French Cay. For the night dive we went to West Caicos. Fifi's motto was "We only take you to good dive sites, if we didn't, no one would come back" Well, the sites he took us too were very very very good. One dive, we were on an amazing wall and 5 or 6 eagle rays swam by throughout the course of the dive. Sharks, morays, turtles lobsters and octopus were among the other things we saw. The reefs were alive with life, very nice coral formations. Fifi did not impose restrictions on divers that he was confident with. Most of my dives were 45 minutes to an hour. I was limited only by my air consumption and deco, not by a divemaster telling me it was time to come up. His crew was friendly and very helpful. They set up all your gear for you, if you wanted them too. Food and gatorade/water was provided on all surface intervals. I would rate his operation A+, and highly recommend them. The Beaches resort dive operation was exactly what I expected. 30 minute dive profile, little freedom on the dives. But to tell you the truth, I can't really blame them. They have a lot of "Resort Divers" and I guess they need these things in place to deal with some of these divers lack of skills. Being all inclusive though, I was just happy to be diving, so it didn't bother me too much. I did have an excellent night dive with them (which did cost extra) and they actually let us stay down about 45 minutes, which was cool. Saw the glow worms and a nice big sea turtle swim by. I definitely think if you are serious about diving, then Caicos Adventures is the way to go. I didn't mind spending the extra cash to be assured good dives, and freedom on the dives....

Good report. The Turks are certainly one of the best dive spots I have found. Especially if you like to see the big stuff.

Back
Top Bottom