Belize Aggressor in January, 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aoshell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for input on the Belize Aggressor III and IV boats. I had made up my mind to go for the BAIV due to cabin choice, but I see it it scheduled for downtime for all of January. I am concerned with the possible state of the boat. Should we go with the BAIII in January or wait for the BAIV maintenance to be done in February? Was pushing for January as water temps slightly better than Feb.

Also wondering about alcohol costs from anyone that has been. Thanks All!

Looking for input on the Belize Aggressor III and IV boats. I had made up my mind to go for the BAIV due to cabin choice, but I see it it scheduled for downtime for all of January. I am concerned with the possible state of the boat. Should we go with the BAIII in January or wait for the BAIV maintenance to be done in February? Was pushing for January as water temps slightly better than Feb.

Alcohol is "free". Beer on tap. Low end wine. Both types: Red and White. No spirits provided.

I went on the BA IV last year, it was excellent. I don't want bunk beds.

I've been on BAIV 4 times, 10 day trips. I like it a lot - no bunk beds and it is a BIG comfortable boat. They stopped doing 10-day trips and I hate 7day trips so I'm going on BAIII for 10 days next month.

I don't know the relative age vs BAIII, I've only experienced 2 failures on BAIV that affected diving - a fuel pump that cost us an engine. We did the trip on one. The only effect was missing the blue hole, nbd to me. The other was something that delayed departure until Sunday pm. Missed 2 dives.

Otherwise great experiences on BAIV.

I've not been on a liveaboard twice, they generally only get one chance. I will be on Ferox for a 2nd trip to Malpelo in less than two weeks, my first exception.

We have been on the IV many times. It is a much larger ship than the III with mostly above water rooms.

Downtime is a good thing, not a bad thing. It allows things to be looked after in an organized fashion.

The boat underwent a renovation a few years back and was in great shape last May (carpet was exchanged for synthetic flooring, dining room was totally remodeled and other stuff I have forgotten about...)

They have a small, well seasoned crew that has been with the boat for decades. Seems like a good sign to me.

I figured the maintenance was a good thing. Would much rather go after it is complete. Was wondering if the ship was due for a major renovation or something. Perhaps, it's an annual thing...

I have a trip on Belize Aggressor III JAN 13-20. I just found out my doc says no diving for foreseeable future. I’d like to sell my wife and my slot. The trip is led by Fintastic Diving out of Connecticut. We were slated to fly to Belize out of Denver so air fare is not included but I’d give a discount on our trip. Call Steve or Bea at Fintastic Diving , 203.605.9590 or respond to this. Our cost was $6600 and we’d sell our room for the week for $5500. Aggressor III Liveaboard

Note that the IV just suffered a serious accident and will probably be out of action for at least several months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom