Bermuda Fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There has been no speculation per se, I simply inquired what would cause a re-breather diver to go unconscious and pass at such a shallow depth. That answer has not been asserted towards the Bermuda depth, it was simply me trying to get caught up on the mechanics of a re-breather, so that hopefully, when we do get a result from the forensic mechanical investigation, we can all be on the same page.

Perhaps some of the rebreather divers can help... I thought that CO2 was the big problem not necessarily O2. Two things scare me about rebreathers...1. I don't really understand them, 2. They cost a lot!

Perhaps some of the rebreather divers can help... I thought that CO2 was the big problem not necessarily O2. Two things scare me about rebreathers...1. I don't really understand them, 2. They cost a lot!

RIP

+1 to gkwalt

CO2 can rise if there's a failure of the absorber, however it's quite evident as you hyperventilate so it would be hard to ignore. Also you don't pass out from elevated CO2 until it gets quite high-- you would have lots of warning.

It's controlling the oxygen level that's the problem.

I heard he was on a DiveRite Optima, if he didn't turn his gas on the computer would flash crazy red on the hand set hard to miss or he could of by mistake used an old scuber cartrage or put the unit together wrong who knows theses are just a few possibilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom