Best Adhesive to reattach Sitech neck ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you didn't wait long enough for the two sides to dry sufficiently, no amount of applied weight will make it stick properly.

Yup. I followed the instructions on the tube in a somewhat uncustomary way... Read the directions and everything. Seems pretty stuck. I figure it can't be any worse than the 2" gap that was there before!

I'm in my boat at the moment, heading to the dive site! Stay tuned...!

U
Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I saw your post and asked Pam Oliva - our repair guru for her suggestion. Here it is:

It looks as if the issue is easily repairable. The area in question should be cleaned of any debris, buffed with sand paper (or dremel tool) wiped down with trichloroethane or similar cleaner, and then re-glued. Something like bostick 2402 (adhesive) with its acclerator (bostikure) will help. You will need to apply 2 - 3 even coats to both sides that will be bonded, and allow to dry 5 - 7 minutes between the first 2 coats, and then no more than 5 minutes on the last coat. NOTE: mix only what you feel you would need as when mixed, becomes thick within an hour or so.

Attach both sides together, and apply pressure with a seam roller (or place a couple of soft weights onto the area for a couple of hours.) This should be ample time for the adhesive to cure and set.

(Bostick 2402 should be available in the U.K. and European countries.)

Good luck!

Thanks!

Thanks Kathy! This is meant to be a temporary fix. When I get home, I think I'll have a pro remove the ring and re-cement from scratch.

I appreciate the advise!

Just by way of a follow up, I eventually connected with both the Halcyon rep as well as the repair facility. The suit is back with them. I have asked them to remove and replace the neck ring. I also itemized a few other areas that need some love... the tape around the replaced zipper is coming off already, and I continue to get wet in my crotch, one shoulder (opposite of the zipper) and one foot! There's no damage that I can see in any of those areas, so I am assuming there are seam leaks. They have promised a quick turnaround since I leave for a trip west shortly... I am pretty happy with all concerned at this point.

I should probably clarify my "getting into it" comment above since, in hindsight, it reads like we had an argument over what was an acceptable degree of wetness. It was more a "spirited" discussion and I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that the Halcyon guy has been anything less than helpful.

Having said that, I am not convinced that the suit is all it was cracked up to be, but perhaps I have a lemon or something.

It's been a tough week for my gear... by Petral has gone back to the factory for some love too... Ugh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom