Best Bangka Dive resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
We have spent the last few weeks visiting Bangka, Lembeh, and Bunaken. We stayed at Murex, and it is OK.

Was wondering if anyone knows of a dive resort on Bangka that may be a cut above Murex? Maybe Blue Bay? We really want 24 hour electricity and the food at Murex is pretty boring. Nice location though.

We felt that Bangka has the best diving in N. Sulawesi (for us). Lembeh Resort and Spa was five-star, but we don't like muck diving that much.

Thanks,

Bill & Emily

As previously mentioned by myself and Luko...Gangga Island - you wont find a level of luxury and pampering to their standard anywhere else. Try YouTube -

< Gangga

< Coral Eye

< Mimpi Indah

Yeah...well...at Gangga $400+ per night PLUS diving is a bit out of our range! A one week stay would be around $4000.

Double Room (Per Person) 209.00,-

I'd probably choose to deal with Murex's bad cooking at those rates....

Will look further at Mimpi and Coral Eye.

- Bill

Nothing wrong with the food at the Murex resort in Bangka last year, admittedly I was only there for 3 days, however it was nowhere near the standards at Lembeh Resort.

399829_10151193241995361_1943539605_n.jpg
399400_10151193242250361_398463134_n.jpg

Bill, Searcraigh...I have no idea what you two are complaining about - I had to CATCH my OWN dinner at Murex back in the day......seriously this is a surface interval on Murex's boat - forced to fish and had to pay for the food I was pressed into servitude to get onto the table.......and we had tuna three days running - the first day raw as sashimi because we showed the cook how to slice it so she thought we wanted it raw every meal, raw tuna for breakfast lunch and dinner. The subsequent three days we ate cooked tuna...no aircon, no wifi, god how did anyone survive diving way back this decade.

no aircon, no wifi, god how did anyone survive diving way back this decade.

Ha ha, absolutely, however when I first started traveling to dive in SE Asia, there was no wifi, fans were sufficient and I was a damn site younger than I am today :D

"Bad food" was an overstatement, boring is more like it.
Problem comes from the manager, it's not even a cook problem. Someone has to be behind the cook, otherwise you'll get Nasi goreng everyday.
A few years ago, the food was boring as well.
Tommy then was posted in charge as resort manager and suddenly we had the best food in an indonesian resort.
Now that Tommy is gone and a gringo is in charge, nobody cares.

Bloody gringos:rofl3:

Wh
Problem comes from the manager, it's not even a cook problem. Someone has to be behind the cook, otherwise you'll get Nasi goreng everyday.
A few years ago, the food was boring as well.
Tommy then was posted in charge as resort manager and suddenly we had the best food in an indonesian resort.
Now that Tommy is gone and a gringo is in charge, nobody cares.

Which gringo you talking about, Danny the owner? Or Pym the Dutchman? Or Olly?

- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom