Best BCD for xxxxL sized diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most BCDs have a large range of adjustments to them. I have a 48" chest / 36 waist and thought I would have a problem finding on to fit well but it turns out a Oceanic Excursion LARGE ( not xl ) fit me perfect, even with adjustment room to spare. They are going to have a harder time with a wet suit than with a BCD.

I vote for the BP/wing. I'm 6'1" and range between 290 and 310. My chest is somewhere around 56". I never got to try many jacket style BC's, but the ones I did try didn't fit very well. The DSS back plate and wing fit me so well, I know I'll never go back to jacket style.
FWIW
Jason

For whats its worth - I have been facing the same type issue and the Scubapro Glide Plus 2XL or Seaquest ProQD 2XL have both fit me fine in recent buying trips. I am leaning toward the Scubapro Glide Plus.

Mulegirl, I'm 5'10 and currently 265# For the past 3 years been using a Seaquest Pro QD 2 XL, fit me fine, even up to 285# as in my profile pic. However I just ordered a Zeagle Brigade w 2XL cumberbund and large shoulders from Scubatoys. The Seaquest is rather bulky for packing, but otherwise an excellent bc. If interested, my wife just posted it at work for $150.00. I'm stating this here, cause not real shure how this pm feature on the board works. Barely 'puter literate. John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom