Best Compass On DPV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did look at Bob's & Scott's which I really liked. I bought a couple of "better" quality compasses from Dive Gear Express that I can fabricate into a mount like theirs. But first I bought one of these that I was going to try out and see how it worked...my old eyes can see this compass much better.

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-setsrc/seattle-sports-sear-rover-deck-compass

For $30 it is worth experimenting with.

I did look at Bob's & Scott's which I really liked. I bought a couple of "better" quality compasses from Dive Gear Express that I can fabricate into a mount like theirs. But first I bought one of these that I was going to try out and see how it worked...my old eyes can see this compass much better.

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-setsrc/seattle-sports-sear-rover-deck-compass

For $30 it is worth experimenting with.

Heck yeah. That's a pretty neat idea. The bubble is very visible. Let me know how it works out.

Heck yeah. That's a pretty neat idea. The bubble is very visible. Let me know how it works out.
Sure will...it will be on island hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

I use the deck compass on my Cuda 650 and works very well for me.

I'm going out with my P1. I'm going to have to see if getting a Seattle Sports Sea Rover would work on mine. Right now my compass is mounted on the integral GoPro attachment point on the handle. It's not horrible but not ideal either.
Ideal would be a Shearwater NERD with the compass Ina HUD, but that's very cost prohibitive compared to a $35 compass.

I know this thread is super old. But, I assume it’s still valid info...

how deep can these compasses go? We do some pretty significant depths and having a DPV compass that could handle it would be super amazing.

I know this thread is super old. But, I assume it’s still valid info...

how deep can these compasses go? We do some pretty significant depths and having a DPV compass that could handle it would be super amazing.
The Seattle Sports one I have has been down around 250'/76m without issue.

The Seattle Sports one I have has been down around 250'/76m without issue.
mine has been to 300ft and is fine. its liquid filled so I dont think it cares what depth its taken too

My best experiences have been with Silva 70UN compasses, mounted as far foward as possible on the tube.
Most booting shops either have them in stock or can get them quickly.
I have one on each of my 3 scooters.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom