best dive resorts on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My husband and I have been diving for about 5 years and have gone to Bonaire three times and have really enjoyed the ease and beauty of the water there. However, we are wanting to try something different and are looking at Curacao this year. Any comments on best places to stay, dive, eat etc?

Welcome to the board Shelley! If you havent already found it, check out the regional forum for a better answer to your question: ABC Islands - ScubaBoard

The Marriott in Piscadera Bay or Lodge Kura Hulanda in Westpunt. Both have diveops onsite and nearby shorediving. LKH's dive is Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland IMO one of the best on Curacao.

post moved to ABC forum...

We love the hilton because it is a real resort/hotel and the diving is great. We love habitat curacao because the diving is amazing and the hotel is ok - the food is great...

Hi shelleycurley,

I always liked the diving on the West end of Curacao. Nowadays I work for ..:: All West Curacao ::.. and ..:: Ocean Encounters West Curacao ::.. in Westpunt. If you prefer to stay in a more sophisticated resort instead of an apartment with basically self-service for food, OEW services also the guests of Curacao Beach Resort | Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club, which is located right beside the dive shop.

You can find a lot of guest comments on our operations on this forum, on Tripadvisor, or visiting our Facebook Groups "Curacao - Go WEST to ALL WEST" and "Ocean Encounters West". Videos are also available on our YouTube Channel YouTube - OceanEncountersWest's Channel.

The best food in Westpunt you get at Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao. But there is other restaurants around, like Jaanchie's or Rancho el Sobrino. At approximately 20 minutes driving distance you can have dinner at Landhuis daniel or Butterfly Garden Curacao -.

Have fun exploring, and if you have any further questions on diving Curacao, just pm me and I will be glad to help!

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

My family and I like the Marriott as my wife and kids don't dive. So they want the full resort pool, beach bar, multiple restaurant experience. We've been there twice now - last year and again this August. The house reef is nice and the dive op on site is Caribbean Sea Sports and they are good.

Rent a car and be sure to make the trip up to Westpunt for a day of diving with Ocean Encounters West and dining with Sol Food! Playa Kalki is a nice beach to hang on during surface intervals and after diving.

We love the hilton because it is a real resort/hotel and the diving is great. We love habitat curacao because the diving is amazing and the hotel is ok - the food is great...

When did you last stay at the Hilton?

On our first trip to Curacao two years ago we walked from the Marriott to the Hilton to check it out and we were surprised at what a dump it was...from the lobby straight through to the outdoor spaces.

On our most recent trip (this August) we walked over again to see if it had gotten any better and honest-to-god thought it was closed down it was in such disrepair.

Main pool was leaking through multiple cracks in the glass blocks and full of leaves and debris. The kids pool was so full of garbage and algae it was disgusting. The creepy abandoned mini-golf course had gotten even creepier with broken concrete structures and 4ft tall weeds growing up through cracks in the cement. There's no beach there, so don't expect one; just a small spit of trucked-in construction sand...that coarse yellow/orange sort.

Seriously...I've got a million or so Hilton points and I wouldn't stay there for free.

It makes a difference if you are just looking for great diving, or if you want to be somewhere where there is nightlife. "Love the nightlife, love to boogie?" you probably want to be more on the east side of the island near the big city. Looking for something more laid back, the Westpunt area is like a whole different world.

My wife and I stayed at All West Apartments, that Andreas mentioned in this post, last year and we just booked our return trip there for March. Nice apartments, full kitchen, great ocean views, 24/7 shore diving right out front of the apartments; and a short drive to Ocean Encounters West dive Op. No television, which seems a bit strange on the "slow side" of the island with not much to do at night; but the outdoor BBQ's make for a good gathering place to meet other divers. If you are looking for a more elegant place to stay, there are those options out west as well.

There are good shore dives on Curacao, not as plentiful as Bonaire, but not as heavily trafficked either. Also boat diving to some fantastic reefs.

Not much to do out west except the diving, the few places to eat Andreas mentioned, no nightclubs that I saw. The best meals we had were the ones we made ourselves at the apartment.

Whatever you decide, have a great time.

Safe diving, BK

I have stayed at the Hilton on Curacao for free with points.

Would not stay there again even if it were free.

It is way way below Hilton standards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom