Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Different watches have different names in different markets.
The standard among dive professionals worldwide for many years was the Citizen Aqualand 2, in titanium if you didn't like the weight of the steel one. I still use one.
This was gradually replaced by the Suunto Stinger which is pretty much standard instructor/diveguide wear in many places now. Once again it is available in tianium.
Some professionals are upgrading to the Suunto D9 but it costs a lot of money for a diving instructor.
Citizen have recently replaced their Aqualand range with Ecodrive models which don't need battery changes. However these will never be as popular as the original models because there is now so much competition from watches with computer functions.
If I was buying now I would go for the Aladin Tec which has the best balance of features including a stopwatch which is really useful in gauge mode for deco stops.

As for high end "dive watches" , I have several from brands such as Zenith and Omega and would never even get them wet. They are masterpieces of jewellery and lack the functionality of the watches mentioned above.

An early Citizen Aqualand, only logs max depth and dive time plus 2 alarms for max depth and max time.
Great watch, I love it and use it as a backup all the time.
Only flaw is the strap. Rubber and I have had 2 fail on me, one showed signs of splitting so I replaced it. The second split with no warning and fell off, fortunatly I was not diving at the time and caught it.
Yes when I move somewher I can dive regularly I will replace it with another citizen but I will get a different strap that does not rely on both pins and is not made of rubber.

I use the Citizen Aqualand Titanium. Its a fantastic watch and I only use it as my depth gauge - I tend to not use my computer! The other great thing about this watch is that its near enough indistructable!!! I had trapped it in the car boot door and it bent the lip clean out but not a scratch on the watch!!!

Im in the market for a new watch/backup timer now. I currently use a Luminox, which keeps absolutely perfect time. I have never had a watch that could take such a beating and not loose, or gain a second. I was looking at the Hyper Aqualand, but what about the Nitrox issue?? Would it be better to go with the Duplex? and how well can you read it underwater?

I'll jump on the Citizen bandwagon as well....I love my Aqualand 2, backs up my Vytec, however the mother in law is on her way to Hong Kong and is bringing back a Citizen Promaster Titanium (only analog and speced to 300m, not that i will ever go there!!!!),....... can't wait.

whatdecostop?:
I'll jump on the Citizen bandwagon as well....I love my Aqualand 2, backs up my Vytec, however the mother in law is on her way to Hong Kong and is bringing back a Citizen Promaster Titanium (only analog and speced to 300m, not that i will ever go there!!!!),....... can't wait.

Mother-in-laws have there uses after all!!!!!!!

Coogeeman:
Dear All

I'll admit it, I'm a watch freak. I love watches and being a diver I have my fair share of those as well, much to my wife's despair.

At present I use a Citizen Pro-master Aqualand...does the job, looks good (which is always important right?) and I can download my dives to my PC which is great. :wink:.

I'm interested to know what other divers are using? If you have an all time favorite I'd love to hear about it.

Coogeeman

Daily wear - my Breitling Avenger Seawolf - just a beautiful diver's watch. For travel where theft is an issue - a Luminox with diver's wristband - and for diving - the Dive-Rite Nitek Plus - a handy computer package and dual time zones, excellent!

mccabe:
Mother-in-laws have there uses after all!!!!!!!
Hey mccabe....just read your profile....goodluck on the RN diver thing.
My old man is an ex-Navy diver, was based in Valetta Malta (I was born in the military hospital there) during the 1960's, he's got the stories and tatoos to prove it!!!
He was also based here @ Simonstown when the RN had presence here, thus my ultimate presence here as well!!!
Cheers.
Kevin

whatdecostop?:
Hey mccabe....just read your profile....goodluck on the RN diver thing.
My old man is an ex-Navy diver, was based in Valetta Malta (I was born in the military hospital there) during the 1960's, he's got the stories and tatoos to prove it!!!
He was also based here @ Simonstown when the RN had presence here, thus my ultimate presence here as well!!!
Cheers.
Kevin

Hey, thanks Kevin. I have finished all the basics and due to start in four months but should be real good fun. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom