Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whatdecostop?:
I'll jump on the Citizen bandwagon as well....I love my Aqualand 2, backs up my Vytec, however the mother in law is on her way to Hong Kong and is bringing back a Citizen Promaster Titanium (only analog and speced to 300m, not that i will ever go there!!!!),....... can't wait.

well if you're on good terms with your mother in law, hopefully it won't be a $25 knock off she bought on the streets of Hong Kong!... :wink:

edit: disclaimer... I used to own a hyper aqualand, but dumped it as I got fed up with the ascent alarm and the fact you couldn't change it from imperial to metric...

Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000, of course. The COMEX watch. I have it, but haven't dived it yet .... Plan to do so sometime.

My trusted old and (comparatively cheap) 200 m rated Seiko Scuba Watch.

It is automatic, keeps the time perfectly, is so rugged that it still looks like new after having been banged around, scratched, jostled in over 100 dives...

What more do you need? It keeps the time... has an easy to read dial (even during nightdives), has a double ratcheted bezel that actually works even after repetitive saltwater dives. And all that for 130 $.

I would never want one of these fancy and expensive thingamabobs with features I will never use anyway. In my mind, a good watch and a dive table are still better than having to depend on too much electronics.

If not for my Seiko, I'd probably go for a Luminox.

WOW 5 pages of watches and no one has mentioned my trusted and true pal the DOXA SUB750T. Looks great and very functional. True I can not hook it to my computer but what a watch.

Breitling SuperOcean. Good to 5000 meters. (That's a lot of feet). Great dial and very luminous. Won't dive without it!

Hey, thanks for this thread -- it looks like the Citizen Aqualand is precisely the depth gauge/bottom timer with readout in seconds that I have been looking for!

Tag Heuer Aqua Racer Quartz, in blue. I can't download anything, but it's rated to 300m, and it's been a solid watch, both for the rigors of diving and for everyday wear. Understated elegance.

Now, if I can just find a wetsuit that looks like a tuxedo.... :D

I have the Duplex Aqualand and love it except that it failed 2 weeks before my trip to Bonaire last week. Really pissed me off since I just had the battery replaced in April of last year and Citizen was unable to process the repair before I left. I am also tired of no backlight and having to spend $100 to replace the friggin battery.

I had to have something so I purchased a Casio SeaPathfinder dive watch (SPF70T). It wasn't the perfect solution but it worked for what I needed down there. The drawback is that 98ft is the limit on the depth but it was accurate to my AirZ. This makes it a nice watch for backup but not the end all. The compass feature was really handy and I didn't even take my clip on compass and the twist of the wrist turned on the backlight which was nice. Multiple alarms, timers, etc. etc. etc.

What it did tell me is that after looking around there are some features out there that should be available but aren't.

What I really want is as follows but you can't find it yet but if the design guys can catch up with the rest of the tech market we may see it soon......hopefully......

SOLAR POWERED
BackLight that has an Auto on setting of some kind without pushing a button
Time w/time zones
Calendar
Alarms (2-4)
Depth to at least 100 meters
Temp
Timers (2-4)
Deco
Compass
Air Integrated Option
Steel or Rubber band option