Best Divemaster Internship at the Bay Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is certainly true that more training means more dollars and most people that have been around diving for any length of time have seen your old worn out phrase. I don't necessarily disagree with it either.

I totally agree with Bay Island Diver however. Many stores and resorts (non IDC) offer a variety of training but I'm confident many offer classes they rarely if ever really teach. Many DM's decide to go on to become AI's or instructors. That just ain't going to happen at a non IDC center.

A lot of people just become DM's because they feel it makes them better divers and I agree with that notion. However, if a person becomes a DM because they want to start a diving career, they should look long and hard at their choice of schools. I'd choose an IDC center with course directors everytime because the standards required for them are substantially higher. They have then established a relationship and can do additional training if desired. I'd also suggest that IDC centers have a much better chance of placing or helping someone find a job than a resort facility.

. I'd choose an IDC center with course directors everytime because the standards required for them are substantially higher.
This is completely false for the most part, while a CD has to make a pinkie swear to teach only PADI and things like that, the facts pertaining to the actual courses for all training one is certified to teach, by the PADI standards are the same for a CD as they are for an OWSI and it is the intructor certifying and not the store/facility, the only real differences are the 5 stars and idc places can offer ONLY PADI unless it is something that PADI does not offer such as cave diving. The ACTUAL DM course standards are IDENTICAL
Now, "in the unlikely event" I am not correct on this please post publically here where standards for certifying a DM are different for an owsi than they are for a cd.
While there are many qualified instructors and shops and am all for marketing what you offer but that marketing really should not badmouth other qualified buisneses, I sure would not want to deal with one that had to make up stuff that is simply not true in order to get business

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom