Best Diving Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hands down best
life aquatic
"sorry about that ya cought me with one foot off the merygo round tonight"

Please see the revised list on page #2.

Just for fun there is a hokey submarine flick called Atragon. It's a Toho studios production (gave us Godzilla) and features some really corny submarine stuff. It is not diving related. Atragon is similiar in some ways to Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea except that Admiral Harrison Nelson is a Japanese guy with a moustache. Mr.X

Two cool videos to help get through until "dive time" are at http://speleonet.typepad.com/speleonet/cave_diving/index.html
Look half way down the page for "Orange Grove to Challenge Sink" (Big! 285 MBytes). It's like a virtual cave-diving video with sound. Watch it full-screen. You will feel like you're there, guaranteed.
The other (big - 176 MBytes) video is toward the bottom of that page, called "Secrets of the Maya Underground." A documentary on diving cenotes in Mexico/Yucatan. It's not as high resolution, but still excellent.
Happy diving.

Try and find a movie called 'The Dive'. I think it's Norwegian, but filmed in English or has a pretty good dubbing job. It's about a couple of commercial divers who get stuck in a bell several hundred feet down. Fairly realistic, although the bell is waaay too big inside. Very entertaining flick.

OK, I hate to pee on the movie parade, but why not just go dive locally while planning the next trip????

This post comes from someone who just sweated his butt off in a 3 mm drysuit in a swimming pool to do the drysuit class. Just to dive in the cold, which is diving, after all!

Their were divers in Jaws?

Paco:
Oh, come one... why don't we metin Open Water?????
(Not a troll)

Ok, first I will admit that I haven't seen it, and don't plan to. But is it really a diving movie? I mean yes, the main characters are divers, but do we actually see them dive?

Is it REALLY a diving movie? Or is it actually a floating/drowning movie?

Just a thought.

For a mix of tech diving and a lot of history check out Hitler's Lost Sub. The DVD and VHS tape is a Nova production based on the excellent book, Shadow Divers.
The quality of the diving footage is only so-so but it's real stuff and not Hollywood.
I got the dvd for $19.95.
Now, an obvious choice in the theater is Deep Sea 3D at your local IMAX.
Rex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom