Best Double Hose Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airleron,

Yes the single stage DHs are special, I use an early USD Stream Air for mine, plus a couple of Voit FFs that I am now rebuilding (hope to have at least one ready for Portage in August). The Voit and USD two stages do have the advantage of being able to utilize the Phoenix valve, which makes them infinitely more useful on charter boats and the like where octopus rigs and poodle jackets (BCDs) are required by the captain (or at least his attorney) to dive. There is nothing like the woosh of a single stage on inhale. Sorry to have missed you and the gang at the Silver Springs Sea Hunt festival, it looks like it was a great time.

Woosh....that's exactly right. I think the Jet Air sounds just like it's name, Jet Air. It almost breathes for you. I love to use my Phoenix on charters, so I get to use a DH, but conform to the charter's (attorney's) rules. I also would like to think I'm showing the regular dive community that diving was safe even in the 60's! The gear is so addictive.

SeaHunt was a great time, nice weather, I got to meet everyone and drool over their gear. I still owe Herman a beer though, so I better figure that one out! Sorry we missed you, we'll definitely catch up at the next event!!

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom