Best fins for foot cramp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok i'll give them a shot! thanks lot, i guess i'll have to find the plastic now.... lol!

I highly recommend the bungie straps on them, they are very easy to use and comfortable, they also prevent you from over tightening the straps which can cause foot pain. The straps look fragile, but the fact remains that you don't need heel straps at anyway so they really don't experience any fatigue.

As far as robust- well they seem to last forever.

i'm even looking at the flying force fins now..... i might have to save up a little bit more if i decided to splash out on them :p

Hey, i often suffer with cramp in the bottum of my foot and also in my toes while scuba diving or swimming. i'm getting to a stage now where i would like to buy equipment that will suit me while i am scuba diving and i would now like to replace my old blades for a new design of fin.

Thanks very much!
Adam aka Sentic

I have a pair of Zeagle EZ-Travel's. The fins are a bit peculiar in that they are small, like a force fin, but they attach to your feet with velcro straps like a sandal. They are, without exception, the most comfortable fins that you can buy. You pay a price for comfort in speed, but at my age I put comfort above that function. They are also very easy to travel with.

If your diving style is slow and easy, with gentle descents and ascents and a meandering, enjoy the sights swim at the bottom, then you would love these fins. I cannot imagine how you would cramp with them.

Yeah i am a very slow diver, i have just messaged bob and asked him if he'd produce me the pro force fins in Sapphire Blue or Amethyst Purple, Like the flying force fin. perhaps i should also contact Anna also. if either oft hem gets back to me with a yes then i am so going to buy these fins right now!

Bob already produces the fin in the translucent colors that the Flying Force comes in, but you want to look at the Tan Delta Fin . this fin is the same as the Pro or the Original but in the top grade urethane that is much more expensive than the Pro or Original materials, the Flying Force is only available in the Tan Delta material.

I would recommend Split Fins. I used to have cramps too like you, but I bought my split fins and I started to drink more water and ear a bannana before I dove. Since then, no cramps.

Anthony

Lots of water, less exertion while diving, and Force Fins. Because of their cost, I recommend the fin keepers.

Call Bob in the mornings. He loves to talk to customers and help them with any questions they may have. I dive with his SD-1. They are the best photography fins I have found. My wife owns a pair of Pro Force Fin.

I find that most of Bob's designs work best with thinner boots (or no boots at all). Others have disagreed with my observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom