Best fins for foot cramp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done upwards of 2500 dives in mine :D

The fins themselves are virtually indestructible.

I strongly recommend getting the bungee style foot straps. They are very comfortable, instantly on or off...and nothing to go wrong with them. The straps have lasted perfectly on mine so far (and that's a lot of time in the water). but if the elastic did perish, then it quick and cheap to swap in some new elastic.

I'll also vote for Force Fins and recommend the bungee strap. Don/doff is laughably easy. Good power and control underwater, high-vis options, and comfortable.

I do get cramps with them, but only after ~1 hour in the water -- it's cold here.

Everyone has an opinoion about the best fin (just like everyone has an "explitive"). Just make sure your foot pocket fits well AND if you are diving in cold water, that you have adequate thermal protection for your feet.

Force fins are good option... I dive split fins and are very happy with them. I do suggest you get the bungie straps though. I have spring straps on my fins and recommend that to everybody, super comfortable. Donning and duffing are a cinch!

Lots of water, less exertion while diving, and Force Fins. Because of their cost, I recommend the fin keepers.

Call Bob in the mornings. He loves to talk to customers and help them with any questions they may have. I dive with his SD-1. They are the best photography fins I have found. My wife owns a pair of Pro Force Fin.

I find that most of Bob's designs work best with thinner boots (or no boots at all). Others have disagreed with my observation.

You are right about his designs are more for using a thinner boot or none at all. for example I bought an XL force fin but it doesn't fit because I was using an Akona 7mm hard sole boot. His fins seems to work best with soft soled boots. you can use hard soled boots but will probably need about a size or two larger than you are used to. Using soft soled boot.

If you have a cramp I would suggest you stay with the originals...or if you really want to then go with the pros. For you, I still say the originals. Tan Delta is a very hard polyurethane, it is the same as my whiskers are made of. To be honest with you, I can't handle those, it would be too difficult for me to use.

As for bungees or normal straps, I have them both. I like the bungees more but I really don't mind the regular straps as well. Just make sure kick a little so the pocket will set to your feet and give a sharp tug in the water if you stay with the straps. It's really hard to leave Bob Evans designs once you get used to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom