Best place in South East Asia to do my IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi ScubaBoard Peeps

I'm looking for the best place in South East Asia to do my IDC later this year, that will leave me in best standing to find work anywhere in the world.

I'm from the UK but am currently living in Thailand (4 years now!), i did my PADI DM over 10 years ago in Australia and have worked all over the world but have not worked in diving in the last 2 years.

If anyone can suggest a good school somewhere that dose not have big classes, also some awesome dive and that can help with finding work after the course.

Any input would be helpful

I went through Bent Posejpal who owns http://www.igotbent.com. He is a PADI Platinum Course Director in Phuket. An EXCELLENT teacher and mentor. Former Norwegian Navy diver in his younger years, so he is very through. I highly suggest you look into it more.

check out Andy Auer's (Project Dive) and Dive Asia (Scuba Diving in Phuket Thailand and the Similan Islands with Dive Asia) IDC Program in Phuket

I did my IDC with Andy and was the best time in my life

not only he was teaching an excellent IDC Program but also made sure it was a fun experience

Dive Asia is the best location in Phuket as everything is at one Location

Accommodations (provided during IDC) Restaurant, Pool ( same Pool you use during IE) Classroom so we saved a lot of time in NOT having to Transfer around ... :)

Andy also helped me to get a Job in the Maldives after my IE ( he has excellent contacts to many dive centres around the globe)

I can highly recommend Andy and his IDC Program

check out his web or contact him .. he reply so much faster than any other IDC centre i have contacted during my time

andy@projectdive.com

best regards and have fun on your IDC

Petr.

If you’re looking to take your PADI Instructor Development Course why not give the GILI IDC in Gili Trawangan a go. We run IDC’s every month and there are still places available for the months of July and August.
We run the course in conjunction with Trawangan Dive which is a five star PADI CDC Centre and at 950 Euro it is possibly one of the cheapest IDC’s available, without in any way compromising the quality of our training. We are able to achieve this balance in a variety of ways. The training sites are very close to the dive center and we are situated directly on the beach which means that we minimize the overheads associated with travelling to the training site whilst maximizing the time spent in the classroom. We operate within a large volume dive center so we are able to minimize logistical cost whilst also gaining access to a variety of instructors allowing candidates to see firsthand the different approaches used within real life teaching scenarios.
You will benefit directly from the real-world diving industry experience of our PADI Course Director Holly Macleod. She has over a decade of experience as a PADI Instructor in Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, The Philippines and The Caribbean. Her background means that she has experienced many of the situations an Instructor can expect to meet. She will show you how to apply what you learn and how to successfully handle the challenges instructors face every day.
You’ll become highly employable, worldwide. Dive centers seek instructors who know how to balance the needs of guests, colleagues and management, and who can deliver high-quality courses, sell and promote diving. Holly will help you to develop and apply the skills that make you more attractive to employers.
You’ll gain teaching experience, by shadowing one of our staff teaching a PADI course. You see for yourself the practicalities of running a course, and make a smooth transition to teaching students of your own.
You’ll benefit from Trawangan Dive’s IDC Staff instructors who will assist, advise and support you. They are ready to share with you their experiences of working in diving, and the challenges and rewards of being an instructor.
You’ll enjoy the same high level of professionalism, high-quality facilities and friendly atmosphere that we offer to everyone diving with us.

So if you are looking to start a rewarding career in diving this is the place. Check us out at:
www.idc-gili.com
We are also on Facebook at:
www.facebook.com/IDCGili
Or alternatively contact us at:
info@idc-gili.com
idc@trawangandive.com

I run IDCs on the west coast of Thailand, on Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta. Feel free to e-mail me on rich@go-pro-in-paradise.com if you'd like the full info about my courses...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom