Best Time to buy ScubaGear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good advice Dave. I buy it when I need it or have the money. Trouble is, I always buy stuff I think I'll need, and rarely do. I've got a ton of O rings just in case one of my dive buds needs one. I've way too many of them.

I know ScubaPro regulates the pricing of their products but they've got to allow for at least one sale day in a year for the retailers.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan

You bet they do. I believe it is the day that hell freezes over.:D

I ended up buying a ScubaPro Knighthawk BC with a MK25/S600 regulator and a Galileo Sol DC along with a Mare Semi-Dry Suit, all for a very good price. I can hardly wait to my gear..........

I ended up buying a ScubaPro Knighthawk BC with a MK25/S600 regulator and a Galileo Sol DC along with a Mare Semi-Dry Suit, all for a very good price. I can hardly wait to my gear..........
Congratulations, some really nice gear. Properly maintain it, and you will get many years of use out of it. Scubapro has a lifetime parts warranty on their regulators and eat the parts on the annual service, so don't let your lds charge you charge you for parts on the annual for your regulator. I still own a Mares semi dry, like it better than the Scubapro. I do usually dive my Bare Tilam HD ATR drysuit most time instead of the semi dry.

......Properly maintain it, and you will get many years of use out of it.......

This is sad but true....:shakehead:. I only have 5 (or 6) years on my BC and I am trying to figure out a reason for me to replace it with a BP&W before it "gives up". I am still diving the BC because I have not come up with a decent reason :doh2:

I bought the Scubapro Knighthawk with the AirII, Mark 2 Plus/R295 regulators set and got a price reduction on the Alladin Prime 3 gauge console. I used it for my trip to Cancun and Akumal. I am completely satisfied with the whole package.

The Alladin Prime is conservative in its numbers which can be a good thing.

Excellent. A happy buyer is a happy diver. Good for you and enjoy the gear.

Hey dantheman. Since you're from NJ, have you heard about the scuba flea market in Toms River? They have it once a year, it's on Feb. 15th this year. Everything is for sale, new, used, private sellers, dive shops, etc. Always good deals to be had. Unless you need gear right away, you may want to wait until then to see what you can pick up.
Here's the link to Ocean Wreck Divers, click on the Flea Market link on the left.
http://www.oceanwreckdivers.com/

The best time to buy gear was about 40-50 years ago when they had all those really nice double hose regs, oval masks and BIG EFFIN' KNIVES!

sometimes post holliday is a good time---I remember last Jan-Feb there were deals out there from different on line places........

Back
Top Bottom