best turks and caicos dive resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beaches dive sites
most of the diving is out of grace bay to the west end of provo. But if the wind is strong out of the north, they will bus you to the boats on the south side to french cay.

Night diving is available and also free. Make sure there's a few people signed up for it though or they will bail.
i am familiar with t&c dive sites. my depth / duration question is more related to the dive op. they advertise unlimited diving. what does that really mean? how many boats do they have? how big? how often do they go out?

As I said... they have 3 boats i think ...maybe 10 divers per boat would be max. Usually the mornings they have a 2 tank dive trip. You'll be tossing back turks head lager by the pool by 1:00 unless you have to travel to the south docks. The other boats are for lessons or snorkel trips I believe. I think the afternoons are for single tank dives.
A few times, they break up groups into OW and AOW so even though I got certified in the 80s' I got poo pooed when I tried to drop below 70'. So I got my AOW a few months ago as I heard this was becoming more common in other places too. Also, they will ask if you dove within the last year or 2 (i think). If you say no, they make you take a refresher class...no exceptions apparently.
Other than being sticklers to their rules, they run a very efficient operation and manage to get all the divers out and back and still deal with those divers that have issues either with equipment, equalization, etc.
I go between thanksgiving and xmas when it's not crowded. I can't speak for other times though.

Back
Top Bottom