Beware of Dive Chronicles photo contests!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, how can I trust what you are sying if you can't spell Quadaffi??????????? :D

I'm not taking sides on which spelling is right... but a lot of Muslim names have more than one translated spelling in English.

For example, Obama bin Laden is spelled both Obama and Obamu depending on where you are.

EDIT: from Websters Dictionary http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/OMAR+KHADAFI

OMAR KHADAFI

Specialty Definition: Moammar Al Qadhafi

Moammar Abu Minyar Al Qadhafi (June 1942 - ) has been the ruler of Libya since January 15, 1970.

Qadhafi's name has been westernized in a wide variety of ways. These are the accepted alternatives: Gadhafi, Gadaffi, Gaddafi, Gadhdhafi, Ghaddafi, Kaddafi, Kadhdhafi, Khadafy, Qadaffi, Qaddafi, Qadhafi, Qadhdhafi, Qathafi

I'm not taking sides on which spelling is right... but a lot of Muslim names have more than one translated spelling in English.

For example, Obama bin Laden is spelled both Obama and Obamu depending on where you are.

Hmmm....why does that name sound familiar???

You know, come to think of it.. I think Pete shot Tupac AND Biggie Smalls! His posts on this photo contest give him away. Come clean Pete. Tell the truth.

Besides, Slaphappy says she is working with Brad via voice. Good for them! Not all things need to be resolved publicly!:D

Pete, we all know that that conversation only happened after Brad and Backscatter had their own private conversation about some unpleasant exposure in two forums. To imagine otherwise is delusional. I do feel sorry for Backscatter - they were unfairly maligned by the actions of this creep.

In some perverse way, your post helped things along although I bet that you wish you had simply ignored it and left those "tickeys" unclaimed.

Vive le Internet. The great democratizer! :coffee:

I am always a quiet lurker here. However I think something should be said.
Netdoc, I love most of your posts and thank you for having this board. However no one is perfect and you came out sounding arrogant in the first post. Simple as that.

In your apology it does not sound genuine, and thats fine I guess no one has to like you. I guess some people are upset because they saw a side of you that they usually dont see. Maybe it was a bad day, or you dont like going on other peoples forums...I dunno.

Its kinda of what happened in wetpixel with Bob, he couldve just sovled it via pm etc.

At this point, the only post deleted from this thread is my initial one from the first page which was reported.

It's OSAMA Bin Laden. If you think it's funny to besmirch the president, well...please, not here.

I have been away from this forum for a good while. I was very dismayed to see all of this thread. Doc, even I have to admit to being disappointed with your replies. It would never occur to me to make certain allegations about a photographer without thoroughly investigating...Especially as a Staff member of this forum. I'm sorry, but you ARE held to a higher standard. It is your job to control misinformation, not jump into it wholeheartedly. Now, you are just posting childishly. I am sorely sad to see this.

As for Jim at Backscatter, I can personally vouch for his being an all around GOOD GUY!! I won a prize in a contest supported by Backscatter, and they were extremely helpful in switching the YS 250 strobe I won for stuff I needed more. KUDOS, Jim, and thanks.

OK, folks, it may be time to put this thread to sleep. Obviously, no apologies will be made, even if warranted. All that will continue will probably be self protective ramblings. Kiss this thread goodnight, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom