Big Bay Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in innisfil and you need to get a permit from the town hall. You show proof of residency and you get 2 stickers for you vehicles. This is a parking permit for BBP as well as innisfil beach park.

After seeing how divers treated that site I can hardly blame the town for doing it. Too tell you the truth I'm kind of glad they did.

Cam

The parking and the site was really abused to the point that the dive shop cars were parked next to the picnic tables, the gear was laying all over the place. It's easy to blame the city for shutting it down but the dive shops were not helping it.

I have been to BBP MANY a time where there are 2 shops, 45 divers and they take over everything. Many back their truck right down to waters edge blocking access for others as well as spreading gear up and down the dock, not to mention the 20 cars that line the boulevard.

Because of that I'd avoid BBP on weekend which in my opinion isn't fair because the vast majority of divers are not from my area, do not stop in town to support the local restaurants or gas bars and basically just use the dock without concern for our community.

Since the town put up the ban, Ive seen the area become much more accessible for residents; divers, fisherman and kids a like. We've even attended town meeting in support of the ban and I really hope they follow through and enforce this further.

Cam

Last edited by a moderator:
Cameron

I've been going to BBP for 40 years way back when the dock was made of wood and stretched further out to were the drop off begins so that larger boats could drop off cargo. Cameron are you realy an instructor you sure sound anti diver.

Cameron

I've been going to BBP for 40 years way back when the dock was made of wood and stretched further out to were the drop off begins so that larger boats could drop off cargo. Cameron are you realy an instructor you sure sound anti diver.

Despite your regular attendance over the years you are still ignorant to the situation there now. I am not anti diver, im an avid diver that is against disrespectful people who use and give nothing back. I have had one shop owner tell me "**** the town" when the bylaw was put up, "I'll still keep diving here!" this while he had his 30 students completely monopolizing the dock

I use BBP, I clean up after myself, I try to come at off hours, I strike up a convo with the local fishermen, I haven't had any problems. For the out of towners who are comming to use the property, give nothing back to the local buisness, walk all over the locals, run your ****ty learn to dive classes and kill the site for us all, go to HB or a quarry, or some where else.

You contribute NOTHING to the community.

Cam

P.s. There is a garbage can for used condom caths, even if it's a far walk, use it!

Ha, and your opinion means what to me?
I have a permit to park and voice in the local town hall meeting:)

Maybe you can go dive at Johnson beach with all the shops ?

Cam

Ha, and your opinion means what to me?
I have a permit to park and voice in the local town hall meeting:)

Maybe you can go dive at Johnson beach with all the shops ?

Whatever, there's lot of places to dive, no sweat off my back.

And just so we're all clear, you ONLY ever dive where you pay your taxes, right? You never dive in someone else's back yard, all your dives are all at BBP. Correct?

Cameron. First of all the divers have never ever made a mess there maybe a little noise at best. The persons who are making the mess are all the resident kids

Because the kids use a lot of catheter condoms.

Cameron Sir. you are a perfect example of what a diving instructor should not act like. Be a team player with in the diving community work togethor to make the sport grow and build revenue and awareness. Lobbying to have a dive site closed as a scuba instructor is BS. Can we all have your instructor number.

I can say that the way that Innisfil has approached this has been nothing short of stupid. I moved my brother in law to Innisfil (#10 sideroad about 300 meters from the water) this weekend and there is absolutely no place to park unless you are a resident (I had to park outside of the driveway so I took my hit and got a ticket). Anyone that claims this is because too many non-residents showed up and did not support the local economy is just plain stupid. All the town is doing is pushing away anybody that is not a resident which makes it impossible for anybody to support the economy. I will go out of my way now to stay away from the area and if in the area, I will not support it at all if possible. They are just a bunch of knee-jerk idiots on town council IMO.

People like Cameron are not trying to solve the problem. They are just trying to keep every outsider outside and nothing more.

Thank you Cameron. Dah.

Attachments

• P6100042.jpg
    P6100042.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 89
  • BigBaysign.jpg
    BigBaysign.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 84
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom