Bike tyre repair kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morg_NZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think that a bike tyre repair kit would be OK to fix a small hole in a neck seal??

I've found one this morning and want to "patch" it until the seal needs replacing for good.Over all the seal is almost brand new{replaced 4 weeks ago} and the idea of replacing it again sends me cold :monster:

Surely it'll hold and last a month or so???????? as well as stop the hole setting bigger and bigger.

Or am I just trying to be over positive here

Depending on where on your neck seal the hole is, you may get away with a patch for quite some time.
Be sure the patch has round corners, and also degrease the neck seal before applying glue.
The seal probably still has mould release agent on it that could prevent a secure glue job. Toluene is the preferred degreaser but alcohol will work in a pinch.
The best patching material to use would be some of the trimmed seal, if you still have it around. Gluing that on with plain old wetsuit cement also works well.

Back
Top Bottom