Bill Evans, founder of CoCoView

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Bill Evans
December 11, 1931 - April 27, 2006
Age 74

Bill was an avid sailor, fisherman, and boatman, whose varied and colorful career included auto racing, auto body shop owner, aircraft pilot, flight school owner, lobster fishing, construction contractor and more. In 1982 Bill founded CoCo View Resort, a dedicated scuba diving resort in Roatan, Honduras and spent the next 24 years with his wife, Evelyn, managing that business as well as several others he founded in the Honduras Bay islands. He sold CoCo View in 2004 and returned to Ft. Myers where he continued to work in real estate and property development until the time of his death.

Bill was predeceased by his son, Michael, and is survived by his wife of 56 years, Evelyn, and their 4 children: Terry, Linda, Jill, Jodi; 10 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. He was a great friend and surrogate father to scores of others in two countries.

There will be a memorial service, 13 May, 2006, 2PM
National Cremation Society
3453 Hancock Bridge Parkway
No. Ft. Myers, FL 33903
239-995-1113

Open to the Public

In lieu of flowers, contributions should be made to the Majken Broby Children's Home in Roatan, Honduras: Roatan Children's Fund,1966 Tice Valley Blvd. #145
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
Visit their web site at http://www.roatanchildrenshome.com.

Don't greive for him, He'll have lived twice.

Some trains they leave in the moming
Some leave in the afternoon
Some trains they leave here
Right on time
And some they just leave too soon
Way too soon

I cried last night before he died as if he was my own father, today, after his passing, I have not shed a tear.

Let us rejoice in a life fulfilled.

For our John Wayne fan....

I was staying at the Marriott
With Jesus and John Wayne
I was waiting for a chariot
They were waiting for a train
The sky was full of carrion
"I'll take the mazuma"
Said Jesus to Marion
"That's the 3:10 to Yuma
My ride's here..."

Man what a ride it was.

Mr. Bill was one of those true life treasures. I can mourn his passing for selfish reasons but I can't be sad for him. I'm sure he already has projects lined up in Heaven and is getting his work crews started.

God Bless and Fair winds, My Friend...thanks for the memories.....

i have heard quite a few stories about Bill

my thoughts go to his family and his many, many friends

Married for 56 years? Good grief, I thought I've been married for just 11.

ScubaKimmie:
Married for 56 years? Good grief, I thought I've been married for just 11.

Yes they were quite a pair, whether working together or sepeartely, they worked towards the same goals.

Absolutely different people in many respects, they knew what the other's area of expertise was and they deferred to the other life mate accordingly.

"Herself" & I spent three days with them in September 2005 in North Ft. Meyers and we constantly were in awe of how they related to each other.

Even though "Herself" and I have only 6 years together, a fond compliment was given to us by Miss Ev as she remarked that we behaved as an old married couple. From anyone else, that may have been thought of as a derrogatory statement, but from her (them), we heard it as a true compliment.

As many of you know I am on the next island to CoCo View, I had the pleasure and it was a pleasure, of doing business with Mr Bill, a true gentleman, his handshake was his word, there are very few people left like that, the world would be a better place if there were many more.

He was a true visionary and was the father of resorts in this area, he will never be forgotten, not just a man, a legend in the diving industry which still shows as many many people return to CoCo view to pay homage to his vision a resort created for divers.

My thoughts and wishes to his family.

Back
Top Bottom