Blacktip travel with vacuum bulkhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_ledford

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm looking at some scooter options, divextras in particular. I know the travel will be neutral, but floats nose up when stopped. Has anyone added the vacuum bulkhead to it to see how it affects trim? I'm hoping it'll trim out like the tech, since with the bulk head it'll be around the same length.

Which is going to move more with a vacuum bulkhead, the center of mass or the center of buoyancy?

Let us know how it turns out but I am not optimistic the vacuum bulkhead is going to help.

I'll certainly ask divextras about it before committing, but I figured someone would have tried it already.

I recently picked up the bulkhead (mostly just to verify seal integrity of our blacktips before diving then dive without). I'll be fiddling with the travel and bulkhead buoyancy and trim here in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom