Blue Manta To Komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if anyone has taken a trip on the Blue Manta since there don't seem to be many trip reports. It appears to be very luxurious boat, but the per-night cost is a bit less than the Indo Siren. For the trip we are looking at it also has the advantage of departing and returning to Bali which makes flights easier. Is there some sort of catch here? Their parent operation (White Manta) seems to get pretty good reviews.

I am not a big fan of sailing from Bali on a Komodo trip as I find the sites you dive on the way not as good as what you get around the park.

Blue Manta is a brand new boat, haven't the chance to take a trip on it (yet!)

We really liked the convenience of going from bali to komodo and using the time to watch the fabulous seascape and chat and nap.

We have done to Black Manta trips and both were excellent. The tour director from BM is now on a Blue Manta and he was wonderful. I'm sure that this trip will be awesome.

Blue Manta certainly looks plush! Its HUGE! To rich for my blood though. I did a trip on the Black Manta (Ambon to Sorong) last year and Cedric was leaving it to take over the Blue Manta. Even though the new CD was new to the boat it still was a great trip and well run.

My opinion differs from frogfishes, there are are some great dives outside the park on the Bali departures, Hot Rocks is an incredible site. It's one of the best sites in Indonesia I've done for Nudibranchs. And If they dive Bima Bay it was really great when I dove it. We dove a sight called Better than Lembeh and it was like 4 sites in Lembeh rolled into one. The second Bali departure trip to Komodo ( both on the Mermaid 2) I did we didn't dive in Bima Bay and instead did some off Sumbawa and they were pretty good also. When I had a frogfish spotting contest on a night dive with my guide we came out with 15 between the 2 of us, I've never seen so many on one site anywhere. That said Hot Rocks, Bima Bay, and Sumbawa are muck dives and I'm crazy for muck.

The dives out of the park off Moyo yes aren't on par with the park dives (they are reef sites). If your not a fan of muck you might be happier with a boat departing from LBJ. But not all the boats leaving from Bali dive the same sites so I'd check each it itinerary, as they say, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom