Boat Entry Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@benno
Of course any diver should be close to neutrally buoyant.
In sidemount that's only a beginner's skill expected of everybody, in backmount it often isn't (not my idea, just a fact).

It's not a fact, you're just making stuff up. Please stop and take a course, seriously, you need to take course.

Current, for instance. Some situations will definitely not allow you to put your fins on during descent.
Depends ... if you want to go with the current and there are no obstacles, you still do not need your fins for a while.
I do not say it would be a good idea in strong currents next to a reef.
But 50 Meter above it and not aiming for some specific location? Why not?

That's why you can sit down to do it...
With tanks attached? Show me ;-)

Neutral without tanks, yeah. Neutral with close to 8-9kg of gas, not so much.
Where do you get those? 4kg more likely. With more we are back to it being more efficient to put the rest of the tanks on later.
If conditions require you to attach 4-5 tanks on entry - well, that is a challenging dive...probably should not ask questions about it in a forum if you plan one of those.

Where do you get those? 4kg more likely. With more we are back to it being more efficient to put the rest of the tanks on later.
31*200*1.2, that's 2 12l and a small-ish deco tank.

It's not a fact, you're just making stuff up.
Have you ever seen anyone bat an eye when someone comes back having lost one of of the dropable weight pockets?
Quite normal for the diver to be able to complete the dive with effort.
That means he was overweighted by half - minus one or two kilogramms.

Next to unthinkable for sidemount divers with even basic training.

31*200*1.2, that's 2 12l and a small-ish deco tank.
And you want to breath all of it?
I do not try to be neutral with empty wing and empty tanks, I have about a pound left in each one.

I also have a wing.

And you want to breath all of it?
I do not try to be neutral with empty wing and empty tanks, I have about a pound left in each one.
Okay, so we're down to 6 instead of 7, big deal.

And when diving with only 2 tanks, yes, I plan on having to empty them pretty much completely. So that's 6kg anyway...

So its putting one 'puff' in the wing before the jump for maximum savety.

It also means an expected speed downward of no more than a few meters a minute without use of fins to push you down.

@Patoux01
Give it up. Lots and lots of people have tried to help him, give him advice, tried to explain stuff to him and even offered to meet with him but he wont listen. He doesn't even have actual dive experience; all he does is 8' dives and indoor pool dives which he counts as dives.

Back
Top Bottom