Boat Search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are searching for a boat and would really appreciate it if anyone hears of one to let me know. We were planning to pick up a Force on Maui, but it sold quickly.... We want a 22-26 ft (towable with an Avalanche), preferably a motor cat (will consider mono-hull). Prefer twin outboards but will consider deisel inboard. Price range is 60-80 K. The boat does not need a COI as this boat will be strictly for pleasure and be kept in a slip. Would buy a used Glacier Bay or Twin-Vee quickly, if the price was right. Thanks for any leads and if you find us a great boat, welcome aboard anytime!

PM is fine or Catherine96821@yahoo.com

A new 26 foot Twin Vee is 56K the last time I looked. I was ready to buy, check book in hand and teh clown at Windward Marine turned his back on me! I flew to Oahu to buy one, he knew that and blew me off. I went to the office and told them what happened then kept my money and bought a different boat. The Twin Vee is an awsome ride!

Thanks, Wildcard. Dave at Windward Boats has been real nice... He is kinda laid back and I feel he is a straight shooter. We never felt "hustled", which depending on your take could maybe seem apathetic, especially if you are carting around 56K! Not that it was him... The twin V we need to look at. I think we didn't because it doesn't have a cabin does it? We want to be able to sleep aboard or have dry place for storage. So, what did you get? That Brian Craft over in Kona is a nice set-up, seems a little high to me.

Hey, Just FYI, the slips at Ko-ko marina are really filling up! I was there Friday picking up a contract and the office said for some reason, they are getting 3-4 requests a day recently. I was suprised they are only like 215. /month for 26' boat. I expected double, honestly.

The other thought I have had, pertaining to your storage/parking issue, is that the Marine Base has a big lot on Kaneohe (I heard). It seems if you had a friend to "share" the boat with you could park it there, no?

Sold the 21 footer. The day after I told him yes, Rainbow called with a spot for me. Trying to decide if and what I want. If noting else I'll get the 10 foot roll up inflatable but am looking at sail boats as well as a dive/fish charter.
The Twin Vees have three cabin options or you can build your own. They have a flat deck and the factory options just bolt down. Slick set up.

Well, that was the right thing to do since maybe he had made moves assuming he had bought a boat, yea? I know that was tough though....
We will go and look at the options on the Twin V. and eat Sunday breakfast at the Koa House! Thanks for the tip. Let me know if you pass on a boat we might like...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom