Bonaire or Belize Lighthouse Reef area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, booked Jun 28, 2023, at Captain's Don Habitat - Garden Ocean View room for three.
Anyone there about that time?
I've done 2 trips to Capt Dons. They have a pretty good setup and 2x 1 tank boat trips a day and unlimited tanks for shore diving. You can rent a truck for shore diving and grab tanks on the go. The truck is convenient for grocery runs and getting around too.

If you plan to do the boat dives with Capt Dons, bring a pad lock for each diver. As soon as you drop your stuff off in your room, run down to the lockers and claim your lockers by locking them up. You can store your gear in the lockers all week.

There are also tanks down by the lockers that you can use for shore diving. It saves you from having to carry heavy tanks down to the water area. Their house reef is pretty good. It's La Machaca and you can swim north and reach The Cliff.

Have fun!

I've done 2 trips to Capt Dons. They have a pretty good setup and 2x 1 tank boat trips a day and unlimited tanks for shore diving. You can rent a truck for shore diving and grab tanks on the go. The truck is convenient for grocery runs and getting around too.

If you plan to do the boat dives with Capt Dons, bring a pad lock for each diver. As soon as you drop your stuff off in your room, run down to the lockers and claim your lockers by locking them up. You can store your gear in the lockers all week.

There are also tanks down by the lockers that you can use for shore diving. It saves you from having to carry heavy tanks down to the water area. Their house reef is pretty good. It's La Machaca and you can swim north and reach The Cliff.

Have fun!
Or south to Bari Reef

Or south to Bari Reef
Interesting. I never realized when I was diving south that when I reached the coral nursery that I was reaching Buddy's reef. I never tried making it to Bari, that seems a lot further away.

Interesting. I never realized when I was diving south that when I reached the coral nursery that I was reaching Buddy's reef. I never tried making it to Bari, that seems a lot further away.
I start at the Bari Pier. I have made it past Buddy to at least the start of Capt Don's at least a few times. I have dived one way from Bari to Cliff a couple of times. Change tanks at DF and go back to Bari.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom