Bonaire Trip Report from a first timer- Part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the best and easy shore dives on the island is the house reef at Capt. Don's. Follow the line down and turn right. The wall is vertical at some points. In one dive there, I saw a 4 foot long moray, a frogfish, a gargantuan parrotfish, and a nice sized grouper, all around the same depth -- 45 ft.

Invisibles, south of Salt Pier is another nice site. You'll see garden eels in only 25 fsw, a true rarity. I just came back from my second trip to Bonaire. Stayed at Capt. Don's both times. My truck rental was from AB.

BTW - most vehicle rentals outside the US and Canada tend to be manual trans. I know there are more automatics available in Europe, but many agencies have a limited supply and often charge extra. Besides, driving stick is real driving, IMHO.

Flying AJ has been a disaster both times I've been there. They're a truly horrible airline. The only reason we've flown them is because they go there on Saturdays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom