Books about diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently read this book about some of the history of diving in Greece.
I found it interesting as it resembles some of my own family history as well.
The Bellstone
the Greek sponge divers of the Aegean
UPNE - The Bellstone: Michael N. Kalafatas

What books have you found of interest about diving, historical or otherwise.
anyone?
i'm currently reading 'Yoga for Scuba Divers' by Kimberlee Jensen Stedl and 'The Art of Scuba Diving' by Nick Hanna, both highly recommended.

Does anyone know where one can get "Fitness For Divers"? I just checked Amazon, and they list one used copy for $113! I'm sure it's good, but I can't justify that!:11:

Edit: Actually, I have the same problem with Diving Physiology in Plain English - $143 at Amazon. Are these books both published and distributed exclusively by their respective agencies (GUE for "Fitness for Divers" and NAUI for "Diving Physiology")?

Additional Edit: Never mind - I've answered my own questions. Both are available through the respective agencies - still not cheap, but better than Amazon! :D.

Augk;

Try Neutral Buoyancy by Tim Ecott; I truly enjoyed this book, exploring the history of undersea exploration and the emergence of diving culture, including Hans and Lottie Hass through Cousteau. Ecott is a producer/report for BBC, and leads underwater tours as a certified Divemaster. I bought my used copy for under $5.00 on Amazon--a great read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom