Buddy Pass to Roatan....Do I dare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok so my work will pay for a trip for me next year for my 10 yr annv but my buddy still has to come up with the cash. Being the good buddy that I am I suggested that we can maybe split the costs for their part of the trip. I can get a Buddy Pass on DL for about $160 R/T vs $800 conf space. cost of trip w/buddy pass $1200 cost w/conf space $1800.

Has anyone ever been to Roatan on DL Peak Season/Off Season where the flight was not full? DL Currently has 1 flight/day but will be adding another flight in Dec. I would sure hate to pay for a room at CocoView and not even get out of the ATL airport.

Last time I emailed the resort the 1st avail rooms they had were at the end of June.

Does anyone have an experience to share?

Thanks

I have a vert good friend who works for Contental who will give me all the buddy passes I want - but I almost never use them

Beside the fact that if you get bumped in Roatan you are probably going to be stuck for a week - Also one way airfair from Roatan is going to be a couple hundred dolllars more then a round trip ticket....

DO NOT ever check baggage on a buddy pass - the airline is not in any way responsible for your bags when you use a buddy pass - I almost lost all my dive gear in Houston a few years ago before I learned this lesson

Back
Top Bottom