Cameroon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cynthiac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm traveling to Cameroon in June 08 and will be in the village, N' Chang, which is semi close to the coast. Does anyone know anything about that area or a group I could hook up with?? I can't imagine being that close and not diving!

I'm sad no one has any information on Cameroon diving. I'd like to just bring it up again so folks know I'm still searching...

I'd like to bring this topic up again because I think Cameroon would be interesting to hear about. Sadly, like most of Africa it is a coastline that is going to waste.

Cynthia and Jim, I was there in April 2007 and didn't see any diving at all.

I think that your only chance would be if you hooked up with someone working as a commercial diver for one of the offshore oil companies.

i grew up for most of elementary and middle school in cameroon, and went to beach about twice a year. during the 7 or so years that i lived there i never saw one scuba diver. i've looked into since i became certified but havent found anything. i do hope that something crops up cause i'm sure that there has to be some interesting sea life off a tropical coast. if anything developes i'll hope to be one of the first people there!

Hi, any infomations about scuba diving in Cameroon? I read a discussion on the Internet, is a diving center in Kribi. Does somebody know more?

My wife is originally from Cameroon and we are going there on a regular basis. I have shipped a tank and some weights and last time, November 2014, I took all my gear.
To cut a long story short: Cameroon must be the only country with a shoreline without diving. The "dive shop" in Kribi is a (very nice, but unfriendly) "Hotel du Phare" with one french expat doing some kind of diving. When I called them to ask to dive I got the short, but clear answer "Not possible".
It might be easier to dive in the english speaking part, west of Limbe at the "Seme Beach Hotel", which, as far as I know, is close to where the divers of the Cameroon navy (it appears!!) are being trained. On Youtube are some videos of diving in that region from a belgian guy.
If you find out anything new, I would appreciate if you could share.
Patrick

Thank you Patrick999. I hope be there next month. Scuba will not be my bussiness there, but I hope I'll have a chance to explore a little bit the Cameroon coast, underwater, ofcorse. I can take with me a minimal diving equipment, but I'll stiil need weights and filled tank. Is possible to have that from local diving center?

The only people I know off having tanks, I guess weights and a compressor are the people at the "Hotel du Phare" in Kribi. You can look them up on facebook. As mentioned in my earlier post I am not sure however that they will let you use them.
Although I never dove in Cameroon, I am also not sure that Kribi is the best spot, my plan, which did not materialize, was to dive close to Limbe.
Have fun and if you get to dive, let me know.
Patrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom