• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Canister light on ranger bc

Discussion in 'Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems' started by Frogman82, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Frogman82

Frogman82 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    As the title says I'm twisting my mind to figure out a way to mount a large canister light to my ranger other than between the doubles on my back. The canister is similar to the halcyon pro 14. Any ideas?

2. Jeff Toorish

Jeff Toorish Instructor, Scuba

Just a thought, but is it possible to rig it horizontally along the bottom, sort of like a butt plate?

Jeff

3. Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I have one of the short canisters. It's about 6" long and 5" in diameter. I use a metal ring (like a key ring) and a metal hook (like for a boat). I hook mine to one of the lower rings and just let it hang.

4. Frogman82

Frogman82 Nassau Grouper

Yeah, I thought on that too. I watched some of the sea hunter's videos on youtube, and where they dive the wilhelm gustloff it looks like they mounted the canisters like you're describing. The canisters were large as well, so maybe that would work.