Canon G12 w/ Extras and Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photoman12001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Over the summer my job kept me in a diving hot spot. Now I'm back in Nebraska with no prospects of regular diving. I have a Nikon DSLR system so I can't justify keeping this Canon without diving regularly. I'd like someone to get good use of this excellent system.

Total Asking Price = $850
  • I am open to reasonable offers. The worst I can do is say no.
  • I am going to estimate shipping at $20 due to the size, weight, and insurance cost. I will only charge actual shipping cost and will provide an actual cost after deal is pending.
  • Please contact me with questions/offers via email (photoman12001 at yahoo dot com)
  • I have 100% positive feedback on 130 transactions on eBay under user name lambert12001.

Canon G12:
I take very good care of my equipment so this camera is in very good shape. It's used but appears to be new. This camera is great for diving and photos on land. I used it exclusively for four months. This will be a great all around camera for your dive trip. It includes:
  • Canon G12 Advanced Point & Shoot Camera
  • Original Box
  • Sealed "Getting Started" guide
  • Sealed Canon Digital Camera Solution CD
  • Sealed USB cable
  • Sealed Audio/Video Cable
  • Original Battery
  • Original Battery Charger
  • LNIB Canon FA-DC58B filter adapter
    • When the camera was not in the Ikelite housing I always had this adapter mounted with a filter to keep the extending lens protected.
  • LNIB B+W 010M 70222 MRC UV-HAZE 58mm Filter
  • LNIB B+W S03M 44840 MRC Circular Polarizing Filter
  • NIB Vello Glass LCD Protector (never installed)
  • Canon E-58 58mm lens cap
  • Price: Asking $375
    • Filter adapter costs ~ $37
    • UV filter costs ~$27
    • Polarizing filter costs ~$75

Ikelite 6146.12 Underwater Housing for Canon G12/G11:
  • This housing is in good shape but does show signs of use.
  • The red rubber on the grip is slightly fraying at the surface but still perfectly intact.
  • There are some slight dings on the edge of the black metal frame around the front dome. The glass is not damaged at all.
    • There appears to be a line on the glass in the photos but this is just a reflection.
  • There is a scratch on the rear of the housing that is circled in green in two photos. It is not visible underwater.
  • The housing control for the camera's rear control wheel has never engaged the camera very well. I found it much faster/easy/precise to use the camera's built-in function for this. You press the upper left button on the back of the housing while using the four-way control buttons to adjust settings that the rear wheel would normally do. This is how Canon set up the camera to work with its underwater housing and it works much better underwater than using the rear wheel.
  • The housing functioned perfectly in 35 dives up to 100 feet. It never leaked.
  • It includes:
    • Ikelite 6146.12 underwater housing
    • Original box
    • (3) Ikelite 0110 rubber gaskets; (2) new in package, (1) on the housing
    • (4) Tubes of Ikelite 0184.1 Silicone Lube; (3) sealed, (1) opened with a tiny bit used
    • (1) 01-0109 Maintenance Kit with Allen key for housing external knobs and instructions
    • Original instruction book
    • Rubber cover for front dome
    • Solid white card to mount on dome and bounce camera internal flash back
    • Semi-transparent card to mount on dome and diffuse camera internal flash
    • P-cord tether I used to keep diffuser card attached to housing when not mounted on dome
  • Price: Asking $475

Photos of actual items for sale:

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

Sample photos taken with this actual equipment:
All under water photos were taken with only ambient light or the camera's internal strobe. I couldn't afford to get an external strobe. Everything used to take these photos is listed here. If you can afford to slap an external strobe on this you can really get some good stuff.
You can see many more at:

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

1024.jpg

Not related to the sale, so sorry for that, but those pictures are fantastic. What were you using for strobes/lighting?

Back
Top Bottom