Canon Underwater Digital Camera Full System- SD870IS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ekoast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For sale is my complete underwater camera system. It is comprised of the Canon SD870IS, Canon WP DC17 underwater housing and flash diffuser, Sea and Sea base and strobe arm and Sea and Sea YS 25 Strobe with flash diffuser and fiber optic cord and a Princeton Tec LED focusing light.

This is a great point and shoot system that has everything you need to start creating great underwater shots out of the box. The Canon digital camera has a 3" high resolution LCD screen that is very easy to read underwater. All the camera's functions are accessible via the Canon's housing buttons. I have added a fiber optic port on the camera that triggers the YS 25 Strobe. The strobe has 6 f-stop settings and 2 power settings for a total of 12 different settings.

Here are the extras that come with the set up: Four (4) rechargeable batteries, battery charger, strap, original camera box, paperwork and manual for the camera. Original box for the WP DC17 housing.

I live in Southern California and shoot mostly in macro mode. I have included a couple of shots that I have taken with this camera set up. The camera and housing have never been flooded and the O-ring has always been cleaned and re-greased after each use.

The focusing light can be removed as I zip tied it to the strobe The focusing light itself is $30. The total value of this system when bought new is $675 plus tax.
Here are the know defects of the system:

Canon SD870is digital camera's internal battery that stores the time and date no longer works. This has absolutely no impact on the functionality of the camera. I just reset the date and time whenever I replace the rechargeable batteries. This takes about 15 seconds to do.

The Canon WP DC17 underwater housing has a fair amount of light surface scratches which is a normal part of use. These scratches are unnoticeable underwater and do not interfere with the function or clarity of the LCD screen.

I can't say enough about this system for a beginning or intermediate underwater photographer. It would even be a great back up system or primary traveling system for the advanced photographer. It can all fit within a padded regulator bag for travel.

I try to describe items as accurately and honestly as possible. If you have questions, please ask!

$295 firm, includes flat rate USPS shipping within the US.

Canon1.jpg

Canon2.jpg

Canon5.jpg

Canon3.jpg

Canon4.jpg

Canon6.jpg

Canon7.jpg

Canon9.jpg

Canon10.jpg

Canon11.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back