Can’t decide…oms single wing or dive rite single wing…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DR requires a STA, but the gusset control system is appealing.

My wife and I both dive DR Voyager wings. Neither one of us have ever used an STA with them, and a few hundred dives between us. We each have 2 cam straps on our BP/Ws, and never had an issue with roll.

My wife has the Voyager ESP and I have the Voyager XT…both wings have held up great. The other wings we have in our arsenal are mad by HOG, also good wings, but the Dive Right wings are super easy to pass the cam straps through when removing:replacing the wing for travel, cleaning, storage, etc.

-Z

My wife and I both dive DR Voyager wings. Neither one of us have ever used an STA with them, and a few hundred dives between us. We each have 2 cam straps on our BP/Ws, and Beverly had an issue with roll.

Sorry did you mean your wife did *not* have an issue with roll? I would worry about the tank not sitting properly against the bolt on the grommet of the wing connected to the bp

Sorry did you mean your wife did *not* have an issue with roll? I would worry about the tank not sitting properly against the bolt on the grommet of the wing connected to the bp

My phone must have auto-corrected whatever I had mistyped; it should have said "never". I have gone back and edited the post.

Neither of us have ever had an issue with our tanks rolling or moving out of position. We connect our wings to our backplates with plastic assembly screws/sex bolts and have not had any issue with out tanks sitting properly. No need for an STA.

The bungee is only on one face of the wing. It can be easily removed if one is concerned about it or just decides they do not want to use it.

-Z

Just a quick update:
I couldn’t decide in time, and then I lost the DR deal. Because I’m still unsure, I decided to just get a halcyon eclipse 30lb and be done with this.
:)

Just a quick update:
I couldn’t decide in time, and then I lost the DR deal. Because I’m still unsure, I decided to just get a halcyon eclipse 30lb and be done with this.

Did you go custom?

Just a quick update:
So after quibbling over penny’s you opted to solve the dilemma by tossing dollars at it :wink:

all good choices, H is a good brand with a well deserved reputation, now onto the next choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom