Casa del Mar Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am actually at CDM right now. First, ask for room 124, 224, or 324. We were initially in 125 and it was a tiny room with 1 bed. Barely room enough to sit with my own thoughts. I exaggerate, but my wife and I were very cramped with our luggage. My daughter was put in room 124 and it was easily 3 to 4 times larger than 125. There was no upcharge for 124. We asked to move to one of the corner rooms and the next day they accommodated us, moving us to 324. They did charge us $39 more per night plus tax, but it was worth it for us.
The beds are very firm, but I prefer that to being too soft. The hotel is a nice size and you never have trouble finding a chair by the pool.

The food was decent, and affordable. We mostly ate out though. Unlike most of the other posters, we ate fish tacos at Paprika and really enjoyed them. We also had dinner at Tikila after a night dive and it also exceeded my expectations. We also ate at our usual faves, Guidos, La Perlita, Kondesa, and New Especias. We ate at La Mision for the first time but wasn't super impressed. Lunch at Palomar was good.

The pier is easy to access and they don't make you pay to dive with other dive operators. We used Scuba Luis this trip and they were great. We had a close encounter with a hammerhead this morning at Paso del Cedral. We also saw numerous nurse sharks, 7 or 8 Eagle rays, and a huge seahorse, by seahorse standards. I would go back to CDM, depending on our travel companions. We would probably prefer Casa Mexicana if it were just my wife and I, but with my adult kids the pool area and beach access were better for them.

When we checked out we were only charged $12 per day for the upgraded ocean view room with refrigerator. Definitely worth it.

The room upgrade game has been going on there for years.
They have a few rooms that are on the lower level in the back facing the parking lot.
They show you that room as the standard room to get you to pay for an upgrade.
I have had this experience multiple times and now expect it.
It is still a reasonable place to stay and close to Tikila for shorediving.

Do they still nickel and dime you for wifi access or is that standard now?

Back
Top Bottom