Cathay Pacific Baggage Allowance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are complaining about Merpati?.....You never flown Guarda or Lion Air....Lion has just imposed a 15kg baggage allowance.....I have to fly all three of those airlines next month!.....and they are always 2+ hours late!

I just got back from my trip to Indonesia. The limits were 23kg (50lbs) on the checked baggage (2 per person). However, if you bought your tickets before July 21st, 2008, the limits were 32kg (75lbs). The new limits are reflected on Cathay's website for travel to/from the Americas.

I was just over the the 23kg limits on the way out, but the nice lady at the ticket counter at LAX deemed this ok. On my return, with slighly saturated dive gear and tourist trinkets, we were again over the 23kg limits. This is when we found out about the purchase date rule, and again we squeezed by with no charges!

On my return flight I hit my 1 MILLION miles for AA/OneWorld - which which I believe will help going forward (Gold for life).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom