Cayman Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must be a daredevil or something, Because we have done the ~1 hour connection multiple times and never had a problem. Now with that said, we were usually doing it with a United flight getting in at 3:55 and a Cayman Express Flight leaving at 4:55 or 5:10. So going through very late in the day may in fact make a big difference. However, I can't imagine that Wednesday traffic is anywhere near as crowded as a Saturday. The safe play is to book the later flight, then try to get bumped to the earlier flight when you get there. In my case, there isn't a later flight available when we fly in on United from Houston, so we either have to take the short layover or plan to stay a night on GC. As was said, you can always head upstairs and hang out in the Hungry Horse for a few hours. Or drop your bags at Cayman Express and head into town for a late lunch somewhere like Georgetown Yacht Club. They supposedly have a shuttle that will take you to and from the airport.

I've tried the one hour race as well several times. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I had a heck of a time getting on a later flight.
Not sure that Cayman Airways Express will take your bags early. You might have to schlep them with to Georgetown Yacht club. That's why I suggested the Hungry Hippo.

I'm hoping to make this trip in the near future - good information about flights and connections!

Make the trip. You won't be disappointed because the end result is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom