Cayman Nekton Question ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello:

I will be doing the Nekton "thingy" this July. According to the Nekton website, you leave the boat at around 8:00 am on Saturday at the end of the week for the airport.

Question is - What time do you actually leave the boat, how do you actually get to the airport and about what time do you actually arrive there?

The reason for asking is that my plane does not leave till 2:00 pm and I was wondering how much actual free time I had that morning!

Thanks!

DeputyDan:
Hello:

I will be doing the Nekton "thingy" this July. According to the Nekton website, you leave the boat at around 8:00 am on Saturday at the end of the week for the airport.

Question is - What time do you actually leave the boat, how do you actually get to the airport and about what time do you actually arrive there?

The reason for asking is that my plane does not leave till 2:00 pm and I was wondering how much actual free time I had that morning!

Thanks!

When I was on the Pilot (last Oct?), the schedule was a little bit flexible. There was one van in Georgetown that ferried everybody where they needed to go. As I recall, it made several different trips delivering people to different destinations. Two of us were going to Sunset House to spend Saturday night and then fly out Sunday. We were in no hurry and as I recall we were the last load off the boat. That might have been 10 AM or so. If you have somewhere you want to be at a specific time, my guess is that they will try to accommodate you. Call Pam at Nekton (Florida) and ask her. She has always been a wealth of useful information when I talked to her.

Art

Back
Top Bottom