CCR Diver lost in Galapagos , Aug 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Just heard that a rebreather diver was lost from a liveaboard in the Galapagos.

In that licensed guides are required, something doesn't make sense as I know of no available local equipment or even any certified CCR guides.

Anyone?

I believe Rich Pyle and his team are on the Undersea Hunter this week. Maybe it was last week....

EDIT...But then that would be Cocos, now wouldn't it. <embarrassed>

Reactions: Jax
Curious. Why would a licensed guide be needed for CCR dives? Bringing your own kit, O2, HE and consumables isn't that difficult for CCR as in the olden days. I hope it was not a bad accident.

X

A licensed guide is needed for any diving in Galapagos. It only makes sense that a rebreather diver would have a guide diving rebreathers. The National park limits diving at Wolf and Darwin to 3 per day, but they didn't say anything about allowable bottom time, now did they.... :wink:

A licensed guide is needed for any diving in Galapagos. It only makes sense that a rebreather diver would have a guide diving rebreathers. The National park limits diving at Wolf and Darwin to 3 per day, but they didn't say anything about allowable bottom time, now did they.... :wink:

Yes it was up there, from what I can gather.

Mr.X:
I hope it was not a bad accident.

That's what "lost" meant, yes. He's dead.

Oh no, hope its not our buddy or his group. Big documentary from the UK going on on his liveaboard, all CCR divers.

Got no hits when I did a search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom