cebu -> maasin -> cebu on weesam express

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of Monday 10th October, 2016 Weesam Express will be running a 2nd return trip from Cebu City to Maasin. Times are:
Depart Cebu 1.30pm, arrive Maasin 4.30pm
Depart Maasin 5pm, arrive Cebu 8pm.

wow.

Does anyone have any favorite dive sites there?

Concur with centrals. Dive Napantao every chance you get. imho it is one of the 2 best dive sites in Philippines easily accessible by day boat, the other being Verde Island. But unlike Verde, it's an easy dive in all but the most unusual of circumstances and you are unlikely to ink your pants.

Really intrigued now. I am a regular at Capt. Greggs in Sabang and this summer I did my first trip to Malapasqua and Moalboal and in my opinion all three places are fantastic in their own way. How would Sogod compare? I enjoy unusual and the weird critters one find at the places I mentioned above. Perhaps this is the dive trip for next summer???

I'm about to head off on a longish trip which will include malapascua and sogod bay amongst others. I will let you know! Bearing in mind it's diving, different seasons, different conditions, different creatures can alter ones views! If I come across a whale shark or two I'm sure I'll be ravomg about sogod bay :). I will try give a balanced view :)

Really intrigued now. I am a regular at Capt. Greggs in Sabang and this summer I did my first trip to Malapasqua and Moalboal and in my opinion all three places are fantastic in their own way. How would Sogod compare? I enjoy unusual and the weird critters one find at the places I mentioned above. Perhaps this is the dive trip for next summer???
Sogod compares favourably with all those three places. If you like macro then you will love the night dive at Padre Bugos jetty(couple of night only) and Malitbog Lembeh.

Reactions: MA
Centrals, I'm just finalising how many days in which locations. 5 or 7/8 days diving in Sogod do you think? I realise this is subjective. but would like a couple of dives at each of the best sites and def the night dives!!

xrcjdx - any recommendation on a hotel to stay in cebu for the night prior to the ferry? I would guess close to pier? Thanks :)

1. Please do remember that the Padre Bugos pier open for diving couple of nights per wk so make sure your proposed diving days coincide with it.
2. I don't think there is any hotel around the Pier in Cebu. I had stayed at Diplomat Hotel previous and it was fine as long as you ignore the cracks on the wall caused by the recent earthquake!!! The hotel was under renovation when I last stayed couple of yrs ago. There are several Piers in Cebu so make sure you go to the right one.

Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: MA
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom