Checking PADI certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all -
I know that there is a way through the web to check PADI certifications - but through the PADI website I have never been able to find it. Is this something that only shops/schools/instructors can do? If not - how do you do it? Can anyone point me at the right link?

KimLeece:
Hi all -
I know that there is a way through the web to check PADI certifications - but through the PADI website I have never been able to find it. Is this something that only shops/schools/instructors can do? If not - how do you do it? Can anyone point me at the right link?

Hi Kim, it depends who you are trying to check up on, if you are to trying to check the professional certifications and current status of an Instructor, DM then you can do it by clicking http://www.padimembers.com/cgi-bin/reqpg.exe?ALL/ALL//+//shared/chek/prochek/default

If it for someone who isn't professionally qualified then you do have to be an Instructor or a school.

HTH

hi,

before i took my OW i had signed in on PADI's website.
i went there often and checked "my PADI information" and i always got a NO LEVEL on the dive level item (normal, i had no level).

it's been one and a half month since i've been certified and the card hasn't arrived so i decided to check again and the rating changed to Open Water. so... it works.

i'm still waiting for the card but now i know that it's been processed.

try http://www.padi.com/padiprofile/ and give it a try.

hope this helps

Thanks for the answer. In the first instance I was trying to check myself - to see current address and how I was recorded. I'm only a Rescue diver so from your answer I suppose I can't do that. However, recently, living in Japan I have occasionally felt like checking the status of some of the people I dive with as I sometimes feel that things are a little suspect here - guys that tell you they have this or that/ 150 dives+ , and then kick the b****** out of the coral/blow up the puffer fish - just stuff that really pisses me off. It's especially difficult sometimes as I don't speak too much Japanese and I'm not always that diplomatic even in English! I suppose it's the great Americanism "suck it in!" Would be nice to know sometimes though.......

Thanks mike - that did it, now I've changed my address etc. great!!

mikelegurra:
before i took my OW i had signed in on PADI's website.
i went there often and checked "my PADI information" and i always got a NO LEVEL on the dive level item (normal, i had no level).

try http://www.padi.com/padiprofile/ and give it a try.
How did you register for that if you didn't have a card or certification number?

K.

Phaethon:
How did you register for that if you didn't have a card or certification number?

K.

You can register even if you are not a diver yet - it is one of the choices on the intro screen!

Yes spotted that, but it wouldn't let me because I already existed.. %^S

I eventually tried my "Student No" in the cert box and that worked (after some cookie permission juggling). I am listed as OW cert'd, so it's just the card that's missing - the search goes on...

Cheers,

K.

Back
Top Bottom