Chicago gear rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, visiting Chicago in late Sept. (visiting my daughter going to school there), and so I want to jump in the lake! I have booked a trip on 9/29 with DA charters but it appears that renting gear and getting it delivered to the dock in Hammond from DRI scuba isn't a thing any more. I'll be geared but for cylinders and weights. Having to Uber or cab to the boat with all my gear will be a hassle enough, I could see some drivers saying flat "no" if I rocked up with cylinders too! Any alternatives to DRI with gear delivery? An enterprising person diving that day who could rent me AL 80s or HP100s and four five pound weights? Thanks!

DRIS still has rental gear delivery to boat listed on its website for $35 per set. For those that get up that way, or drive by Hammond without diving as the primary purpose of the trip, it would be nice to be able to get tanks, weights, and maybe regs and bcs delivered and picked up from the boat.

However, I would completely understand if they decided the volume was just not enough to justify the effort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom